ISUK:
RC:

Still craving for that Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-2 Spider I saw at a local dealer and if the craving doesn't stop, I may go for it. Smiley

Btw: I already have winter tires on my GTS, Michelin Pilot Alpin N0. Had some rain and lower temps in Bavaria last week and I was driving in my GTS and I am absolutely amazed how fast you can be on wet pavement, the tires are excellent. Tried the same in the Mini JCW with Dunlops Winter 4D, I wasn't even close to the speeds I achieved with the GTS, just amazing rain and tire setup, easily controllable, even with Sport setting active (Sport Plus not recommended on rainy roads), Porsche again outdid themselves, a huge compliment here. Smiley

The Gallardo Spyder is a great car. You'll be hooked on the sound of that V10 with the roof down or even with it up and the rear window down. You only live once so at an absolute minimum take it for a test drive just to tick that box off Smiley

I was very impressed by the wet weather grip of the 991 GTS cab even on all season tyres. It was so confidence inspiring that I thought the car I was in must be an AWD version but to my surprise it wasn't. I think this car could be the pick of the 991 range - GT3 excluded.

I agree with you but I actually said I wouldn't get another weekend toy (the GT500 is more of a children's dream come true since I couldn't afford a real Cobra) and while my wife seems to be a more open minded towards such a car right now (neighbor and friend got himself a McLaren 12C Spider), that used Gallardo would be 120k EUR. For a used car, a lot. I could get an Audi R8 V10 Plus with a 5 year warranty and only 15k km for under 95k EUR. Winter time is perfect for buying such a car but I still haven't made up my mind. Also maybe because I actually want to buy my Carrera GTS out of the lease at some point, so... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)