Before I start on my first 100 mile impressions of my C2S Cab its worth stating my background. I've spent quite a bit of time looking for the perfect car that will offer both thrills and comfort. Having had an M3, CLK55 AMG, M3 CSL, 750i sport and M6 (in that order) I can now conclude that there is no such Jeckyl and Hyde in the motoring world and that any attempt to provide luxury and sports car in the same car will compromise both. I will say that the M6 is as near as I got to this single car fits all bill. Despite the numerous electrical faults I experienced in my short M6 fling, the car was the perfect GT and that's what I thought I was looking for. The problem was that the power so much that it needed to be reigned in rather than rung out. The torque so strong that finding the right gear for optimum engine revs was irrelevent (or less relevent). Having had 507 bhp at my disposal has tought me that true driving entertainment does not relate to max power or even best lap time. The motoring elixir (spelling?) is in the driver involvement required to attaining a decent speed through various corners and bends. Great as the M6 is, I enjoyed the M3 more when pushed. The M6 was the better car when not pushed but the issue is that if you are not able to push the car due to traffic or otherwise, a comfortable ride is nice but un-memorable.

OK, so over to my first few days in the 911. The engine sound does not match the M6 and there are a few things that BMW does better (voice control, seat belts, steering wheel, PDC etc etc) but I buy a car drive.

This is where the 911 excels in abundance. Every drive is memorable. The experience of the manual gearbox, steering feel and car responses make me feel like I am 100% involved in what is happening. No other car I know can do this to the same degree.

In short, moving from the M6 to the C2S = less power but more fun, more character and more involvement.