Futch: For those who haven't driven a 997 GT, just don't and the steering feedback is fine.

Unfortunately that's not an option for me anymore Smiley At least I hope that the steering in the Spyder (which I understand is similar to the GT4) provides a tad more feedback than in the normal 981 variants Smiley Though I agree with you that "on it's own" it's o.k. even with the normal 981 variants if you go for a spin (even a spirited one) on country roads. Still, even Mrs. PJ who uses the 981S as a daily driver complains about the vague steering feedback when manoeuvring at very low speed (parking), a complaint she never had with the 987S (sans EPAS).

I am very happy with my decision to keep the 997.1 GT3 as a track only car - the feedback of the steering and the sense of the mechanical grip is just epic and I never get tired of enjoying it Smiley

Many congrats, Futch on adding another superb car to your stable Smiley I always enjoy very much reading your reviews on your fine cars because I know it's coming from someone who knows what he's talking about.

BTW I came by the old race track near Reims just a couple of weeks ago when enjoying a 4,000 km roundtrip all over France. The place felt somehow magic to me - unfortunately the "quality" of car lineup was not even close to the lineup shown in your picture Smiley

--

public roads: Porsche 981S white/black/red, toll road Smiley : Porsche 997 GT3 Arctic/Black