SciFrog:

RC you keep talking about these special deals with leases... So really you paid nowhere close to 162k if you factor in the deal... You have to wonder why anyone in Germany would pay cash for a luxury car...

Not that simple. First, many of these luxury cars are leased on a company and the cost is usually fully deductible (in my case, I am using the 1% rule, which simply explained means that you can deduct all cost BUT 1% of the new car's value is considered a gain, per month). As far as I heard, a majority of 911 cars in Germany are registered to businesses. Second, you get a nice rebate if you pay cash. In my case, the car would have been around 142k EUR if I would have paid cash but if I buy the car after the lease ends, it costs me around 160k (already did the math). 

So yes, many people over here lease cars but there are still many cash deals out there, simply because there are lots of customers with cash and they do not want to lease (for obvious reasons...lease cost always goes through the bank, if you get my point Smiley).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Ford Mustang GT500 Shelby SVT (2014), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)