reginos:

I understand that the Macan is a saviour for many dealerships who were struggling to sell only expensive cars. Why would the Macan be a problem for them?

I actually don't know any German dealer who is happy with the introduction of the Macan.

The Macan creates new problems, especially for smaller dealerships. They need to show the cars in their (very limited) showroom, Macan customers are sometimes very pretentious (they buy a Porsche) but at the same time asking for rebates (which are very common with other manufacturers), which especially on the Macan are very limited right now. Then, there will be a second hand market later on, which will attract many customers in the 20-40k EUR price range. Not exactly what a Porsche dealership is used to or wants. Smiley

The S Diesel is sufficient for 95% of the people 99% of the time. Even in Germany at times when the unrestricted roads are free of traffic very few go beyond the 230km/h top speed.

This isn't about top speed only. Most cars on the Autobahn drive at speeds around 140-180 kph, so the top speed isn't really an issue. I agree, for regular buyers, the S Diesel is more than enough but the moment they have a X3 35d or RSQ5 encounter, they won't be too happy. Even worse is the fact that most X3 35d or RSQ5 owners have no model designation on the car over here. Porsche owners expect maximum performance and especially Macan owners will have issues with other drivers trying to "stick it" to them. I can watch that every day in my Boxster S, not so much in my Turbo S. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014), BMW X3 35d (2013)