KresoF1:
Sorry to say this but, R8 is product based on Gallardo(or Huracan for new model) platform. Ausi was not brave they aimply use platform that was already available. I am Audi fan but, here we need to get the fact right.

As I wrote before AMG GT will be an amazing front engine sportscar and it will better almost all of its competitors in drive dynamics.
Strong words you might say but, after first real tests you will see the outcome.

The Huracan's rolling chassis is an innovative carbon-aluminium developed by Audi. The benefits of carbon rigidity and aluminium low weight at a less costly package. Carbon where it is necessary and alu at other points. Also the different materials are can be bonded, riveted or screwed together depending on the exact location.

The same technology will be used by the new R8 and I presume the new Porsche.

I watched the Huracan presentation by the Lamborghini Technical Director on video, who praised the Audi chassis technology and I was excited by this Audi innovation.

Will the new AMG GT be better than the more limited edition SLS, which was good but not the most memorable? Will it be another one in the long series of proclaimed "Porsche killers"? We don't know yet. We'll see in the coming months.

Mercedes AMG do things in a different way to Porsche. They love very large engines and huge HP. Porsche like efficiency, getting more from less. Different approaches.

--

"Form follows function"