pcosta:

I have a Macan 2016 Turbo and I have driven a friends Cayenne Turbo, both with air suspension. The Cayenne Turbo felt stiffer and noisier (you really felt the joints on the road), probably because the 21" wheels. For the Macan I opted for the 20" wheels and I'm happy I did. The car is very fast - it felt just as fast as the Cayenne - and once you lower the Macan, by 10mm, if feels sportier than the Cayenne.

I'm very happy with the Macan and I guess it is because I never had an expectation that I would drive the Macan at 9/10. It really isn't a sports car. It is a very fast, great handling small SUV that most of the times feels as very luxurious dd.

Does your friend have the current Cayenne Turbo? We just traveled to Austria for a family vacation with the Cayenne S Diesel and while it is pretty clear that more luggage fit in and the rear passengers (kids) enjoyed better comfort (they also didn't complain about getting nausea, something they always did in the Macan), the drive was also quite enjoyable because the Cayenne is so comfortable (maybe a bit too comfortable... Smiley). The car definitely would profit from PDCC (not available for the S Diesel) but other than that, it is incredible what you can do with a fully loaded Cayenne on winter tires. Smiley I just wish the S Diesel had more power but as a good indicator for what kind of power people need in a SUV to be happy with it, I think the S Diesel makes a point. Not a hp less though, I cannot imagine driving a simple Diesel or V6. Smiley

I think the Macan Turbo is rather a car for very small families and/or people who want a sportier drive feel in a SUV (although a Cayenne Turbo with PDCC won't be much slower through curves). 

As for a luxurious DD, try the new Q5. Worlds ahead of the current Macan. This will change however with the facelift...I hope.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet (2015), Porsche Cayenne S Diesel (2017), Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016), Mini JCW (2015)