GM Austin:

kissCongratulations RC!  

I am curious about the dealer's offer of a 7.3 l, 557 hp Hemi.  Where does this engine come from?  I don't see it as an available "crate" motor from Chrysler.

They increase the engine displacement (classic tuning). Some of their cars are already equipped with this engine, it can be brought up to 650 hp (in this Jeep Wrangler for example, 0-100 kph in 4.8 seconds Smiley).

Rubicon_Trail_ORZ-9.jpg

Unfortunately they cannot get more than 557 hp certified (TÜV) and for the 2014 SRT8, the TÜV certification isn't ready yet, they need to complete a 10000 km real life test run and they haven't done it yet.

This is an example of a similar engine (I actually think they use the same "stroking" method):

http://www.bpeusa.com/BPE440ENGINESRT8.asp

I think I am going to stay with the original engine power, it is more than enough for a family SUV. Smiley If I get bored though, it is good to know that I have an alternative. Smiley The tuned engine is highly reliable according to them and I've seen the car in the picture and it really is in a very good shape (a bit dirty though).

I already ordered the sport exhaust with flap control, it sounds amazing. Like these old V8 muscle cars and their amazing growl which gets louder and louder. In it's standard setup, the SRT8 is already louder than the Cayenne GTS. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Porsche Boxster S (981), BMW X3 35d (2013)