RC:

ESP is a great thing to have, for those moments you may not have paid attention for a fraction of a second or you just were tired, whatever. However, ESP cannot defy physics. I've seen so many accidents with 911s, surprisingly mostly on the Autobahn (aquaplaning) or on country roads (rear comes and driver doesn't react properly...) and most of them had ESP. Also, many drivers turn off ESP (PSM) on public roads, which in my opinion is just plain stupid. A little bit of dirt, another driver who doesn't pay attention, it is always good to have ESP working in the background on a public road. I usually drive in Sport mode, rarely in Sport Plus mode (unless I know the road very very well) and NEVER with PSM turned off. Even on the race track, ESP can be of a benefit, especially if you aren't Walter Röhrl. Non-professional drivers make mistakes and it is good to have ESP in the background watching over you. I know that ESP comes on again when you brake but sometimes people brake when the car is already in all wheels sliding mode...

The Carrera GT is an amazing sports car but it requires an experienced and prudent driver. This is no car you race on a public road, there is no error margin. We still don't know what happened with Walker and Rodas, so we shouldn't speculate but the police seems to be sure that the car was speeding, so... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Turbo S, Cayenne GTS (958), BMW X3 35d (2013)

Exactly right, on both topics.

--

"Dream as impractical, irrational and unnecessary as that may be... Here's to the Dreamers!" -- Porsche AG.