Back from a trip to Venice (with the Cayenne Turbo, I like it better than the 4S!).

It is my understanding that when they say the car is in QA it's actually in the exclusive department to fit the exclusive options. Both my new ones have been "in QA" for a while and I enquired and discovered that it's actually the post line production fitting.

As to the delays, they told me that if they don't find what's the problem with my Turbo S, Porsche Germany might decide to put on stand deliveries until the understand what's the issue. I'm really hoping they'll fix it soon. Monday morning they'll either work it out or call in Germany HQ.

The F12 is amazing. On value for money the 911 is quite clearly the better choice. But I don't really think that this kind of expense falls under any economic rationale. Nobody "needs" a car like this. We like it and we spend if we can afford to. It's not really about "making sense", is it?
I'd love  an F12 but social reasons kept from getting it (I went to see it, I admit it). Given that I cannot use the 911, I'm not so happy about it right now. But I expect that, if I'll ever get to use my Turbo S, the versatility of the 911 coupled with the performance will more than make up for the Ferrari "dream". If I didn't have to worry about social consequences I probably would have gone for the Aventador anyway, not the F12.