Futch:
Porker:
Spyderidol:
Porker:
Spyderidol:

I have heard that they have the new engine in the car. I'm trying to find confirmation.

Also- SuperSports will be covering it again this year. (SS6)

What do you mind with 'new engine'? Still the Mezger, right?

No - There is tremendous confusion around this, and I am still trying to get to the bottom of this, If it does prove to be true , then Porsche are running the new GT3 based engine. (non-Mezger)

That is interesting! Let me know if you have any news!

I'd be very surprised if it is a different engine but I can ask.

I'm driving in car 75, 991 GT3 RSR, today was important as I had to do my 10 mandatory laps to cary on next week, mission accomplished despite the difficult conditions. It got dryer towards the end of the day and we put on slicks, awesome track. The 991 is the quickest GT which is surprising, 291 kmh I think or something like that.

Porker, text me when you get there, we'll hang out during qualifying, I'll get you in our box, the race will be too hectic. We are in box 56.

The atmosphere is epic, and this is only the test day. 

Living the dream, drove the McLaren F1 GTR to Le Mans, lent it to the museum because they wanted some artcars for the presentation of the New OAK racing car and then it will stay at the musee des 24h for the summer. 

EPIC, to drive to Le Mans in a car that did 24h in 1995... to take part in the 24h of 2013. I need a reality check.

PS: The P1s, Audis, Toyotas and Rebellion and F... Fast! And you can't see shit once they overtake you in the rain with their massive diffuser. So impressive!

Futch- I agree. I'm having a hard time believing this, but the source of the information was The editor of Racecar Engineering (Sam Collins), and in theory he should know what he's talking about. However,  Porsche engines and car designations are very confusion to others (non Porschephiles) and mistakes are common and general confusion usually erupts. I suspect that the waiver he is talking about was the one that allowed Porsche to run the car with a "old" Mezger  engine (albeit re-worked) . I think he thinks that a road going version of this engine will be in the GT3Smiley. However, he did go on to say that it looks like Porsche will re-homologate the entire car for next year. Please let us know what you manage to find out.