It was very very good indeed! First I took it out on road tyres and actually, well, it was shite. Ok, I'm harsh here, but honestly it wasn't great, these are supposedly Mclaren Michelin Pilot sport developed for the F1, well, they're ok for road driving but for trackdays, the car understeers loads and loads, oversteers on acceleration, it's ok for two laps and then the tyres are outside their comfort zones and the car becomes undrivable. 

I spoke to Paul Lanzante before the session and he told me the chassis setup was the same as the F1 LM road car, well, for trackdays I can't imagine those 5 owners having any fun except if they put slicks on, which I did!Smiley

And the car felt a lot better, still not perfect but much much better, hardly any pitch on braking which is surprising, not that much roll either and with the tyres at temperature, the car was soft of course but huge fun.

The car is neutral and feels easy, the point was not to go for a lap time. 

I'm gonna get grilled for writing that but the engine didn't feel as strong as I thought it would feel. Very torquey but the car doesn't feel that fast. For a similar power output, the Carrera GT V10 feels stronger! Honest.

I have very little pictures taken with my iphone but a friend of mine was there just to do that we plenty are coming soon including some nice video clips. 

Here are a couple, the driver is my mate and ex Porsche works driver Manu Collard, who was cool enough to take my mates for some hot laps. He was here mostly to coach me and validate the setup of the GT3 R getting ready for the 2013 season. We will race together the 6 hours plus races.

He liked the GTR, a lot Smiley

PS: for another thread but the 4.0 on slicks faaacking awesome, a revelation!

IMG_0477.jpg

Image 8.jpg

Image 6.jpg

And this is us taking the cars in Paris to their loading area to go to Spain, the GTR in the snow is rather unique experience!

1362320064689Image 5.jpg