reginos:
pride355:

Besides, Spider costs 25K euro (excl.VAT) more and sells over MSRP. So with the price difference between Coupe and Spider (Roughly around 40K euro without tax) one can buy an all new 981 Porsche Boxster Smiley

I understand that your choice of the Coupe was based on its (perceived?)  better driving dynamics vis a vis the Spider rather than on the cost differential. You would have chosen the Coupe even if the price was the same.

However, as a general point, IMO if someone gets into the type of arithmetical logic as above,  then this person is not really ready for a new Ferrari. If the potential Ferrari buyer preferred the Spider he shouldn't compromise his desire on the basis of the extra 40K.

Ferrari and other exotics are amongst the ultimate expressions of extravagance and require a money no object attitude, if the buyer is to be ultimately and truly fullfilled.

Like the proverbial "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it" attributed to Rolls Royce cars.

--

"Form follows function"

Reginos,

What you have said is true for 90% of Ferrari owners. You are also correct about my decision; even if they were the same money, I would have chosen the coupe again. Smiley (Again for dynamic and weight reasons. You cannot open the doors of a 430 spider when it is on a lift because of its body flex Smiley

However, 40K euro difference (without tax in Germany) translates into 100K euro (with all the special consumer tax + VAT) in Turkey. Therefore I would still choose to have another car such as a 981 Boxster besides my Ferrari instead of a 2 purpose Ferrari.

Ferrari (mid engine V8 models since F355) is my childhood dream and I'm buying it as a "yacht" and a daily drive. If I wasn't so passionate about it, my smart money would go to 991 Carrera S Coupe (which I like very much after my test drive at Porsche Roadshow except the cheap/hard plastic quality around the gear lever switches)

I'm not planning to sell my forthcoming İtalia in near future so depreciation of a new Ferrari doesn't bother me much. Just because I can afford it  doesn't mean I'm rich enough not to ask its price. I may be wealthy but not rich in Ferrari standarts where the money is never an object. That's fine with me as long as I can afford a brand new mid engine Ferrari in Turkey. Smiley (which costs close to 500K euro Smiley

So my whole point is, my smart money would go to a 981 Boxster which my wife can also drive and I would have a car just for open top fun and wouldn't ruin my own coupe.

P.S. Iain, I'm sorry to hijacked your thread. You are in different shoes than me, so your spider choice is so right as your spider specs are Smiley

--

ONUR

11 E92 M3 CP 

09 Audi TTS Coupe - 07 997 Carrera S - 05 M3 Coupe - 03 M3 Coupe - 96 M3 Coupe EVO (PASS TIME HISTORY)