reginos:

However, as a general point, IMO if someone gets into the type of arithmetical logic as above,  then this person is not really ready for a new Ferrari. If the potential Ferrari buyer preferred the Spider he shouldn't compromise his desire on the basis of the extra 40K.

Ferrari and other exotics are amongst the ultimate expressions of extravagance and require a money no object attitude, if the buyer is to be ultimately and truly fullfilled.

Like the proverbial "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it" attributed to Rolls Royce cars.

Well,

there are real people paying real money for a new Ferrari and I guess they are well aware which model they decide to purchase. I have to say that I find the Spider to be more attractive than the hardtop version but guess there is hardly anybody who would purchase a significantly more expensive model if one doesn´t see any advantage in it. In Onur´s case taxes make the price differential increase substantially so I don´t think it is a matter of limited funds but a very sensible decision.

Ferrari is well aware how many cars they can produce from each model and what to charge for it.