reginos:
Ferdie:
Budster:

I'm not such whether it's correct to suggest that "porcsh" (i.e. without the 2nd sylable "E") is "wrong" - I also don't know of a single Englishman who pronounces Volkswagen correctly (i.e. "Folks vagen") - but one has to realise that in Britain, the anglicised version is perfectly acceptable - dare I say correctly - pronounced with a V and W sound.

I know it's "Porsch-er", but I'm quite happy to say Porsche.  In fact if you say "Porsch-er" in most English-speaking countries, people think you're just trying to be smart.

I personally believe that, feeling obliged to use the correct spelling, one should also feel the need to find the proper pronunciation. This all is naturally restricted by one´s own capability of expression. We certainly won´t change how Americans pronounce Porsche and Aluminium but at least regarding family names one might be interested in the pronunciation within the country of origin. 

That said, the "e" in Porsche is pronounced as the "a" in ambitious.

Smiley

Is this correct?

Close, I think the "o" in porsche is more like the "o" in mother. But German is not my native language either. Smiley

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2