Most Cayenne Diesel owners, I speak to, are very happy with their cars, excellent choice IF someone wants a car from Porsche.

However, having owned  the Audi Q5 (albeit in 2.0 TDI) for a few months now, I would prefer the Q5 3.0 TDI instead of the Porsche. In favour of the Audi are: better acceleration, slightly better top speed, same official consumption (in reality it's a little better), smaller for parking and urban traffic, more pleasing styling (subjective), equally well made but 20% cheaper and most probably requiring less expenditure on maintenance. The only advantage of the Porsche is the extra space (for large families) and possibly better off-road ability (again how many do off-roading in their Cayenne?).

The Audi variable damping is very good on 18" wheels at least and so is the match between the TDI engine and the S-tronic DCT transmission both in Auto mode and in Dynamic mode. I love this Audi Smiley.Up till now I snubbed Audi as a lower choice compared to Mercedes and BMW, but I'm converted.

--

"Form follows function"