shin:
easy_rider911:

What Britain does best is to produce lightweight sportscars with really well-balanced chassis set ups that are aimed at having fun on twisty roads and on the track. It reflects the kind of fun-loving petrolheads that we are in this island nation. Think Lotus, Noble, Caterham etc. I fear that the Malaysian parent company, Proton, is forgetting this Smiley

I'm grateful already Lotus is alive and kiicking. Noble and Caterham might not even exist ten years from now when Lotus is a global player. 

Porsche whores its own brand by making Cayenne and Panamera. Ferrari prostitutes itself by making a folding hardtop. Lambo sold their soul to the Germans. But what do they all have in common compared to, say, TVR ?

They're now stronger than ever.

I'd rather Lotus evolve WAY MORE than see it extinct. 

Sure, evolving the product line (e.g. the Boxster and Cayenne) helped Porsche survive which raises the inevitable question: how far can a marque deviate from its original identity and philosophy while remaining true enough to its roots? Surely, there must be a point at which any brand has gone too far? Essentially, survival at any price to one's identity is equally untenable. At the end of the day, this is a subjective judgement call that one can only know was right or wrong with hindsight IMHO.

--

RT Moderator 
- 997.1 Carrera S GT Silver/Cocoa, -20mm/LSD, PSE, short shifter, SportDesign rims, Zuffenhausen collection

Rennteam signature photo 2.jpg