MKSGR:
wedouglas:
fritz:
SciFrog:
wedouglas:

I don't know who would actually delete air condition. Radio, maybe, but if you delete the air con, you are buying the wrong car.

If you're going to strip out every creature comfort and use it just as a track car, why would you not just by a legitimate Porsche race car?

Agreed, buy a cup car...

You'd have to trailer a Cup car to the track, whereas you can drive there in a GT2/GT3 RS. 

If you don't go to the track enough to warrant a trailer, then the real life benefit of deleting the air con is almost nothing. The weight difference would be hardly noticeable under casual use due to variation in fuel, junk you keep in the car, passenger, etc. Small amounts of weight savings don't do much unless you are going to push the car all the way. You could probably make up for the hundredths of a second on your lap due to the additional weight by simply learning to drive faster.

Also, the aircon will help to retain your physical fitness... Most non-professionals will drive slower if the have to operate under unfavorable working conditions (like in an overheated car). 10kg of sprung weight is really nothing Smiley

i was going to order the car without aircon, but I'm now very glad i didni't as the cabin is warm (~22 deg)even if it's cool outside (12deg) and with the fan going. 

--