The SLS' performance figures are staggering IMO.  If I'm not mistaken, all of these figures surpass those of the SLR's, which was priced much higher. This car isn't just a slightly better SL63 AMG afterall.

It would appear the SLS is price competitive in Germany, but NOT in the USA,  priced about $50,000 above that of the Turbo but similar to that of the R8 5.2. Not sure how Porsche manages to keep its prices below the competition over here? Derivatives perhaps?

After having test driven an E63 AMG, I can appreciate Mercedes' 6.2 litre monster engine.  It provides muscle car sound, immediate throttle  response and a terrific transmission. Obviously, all this will be highly magnified in the SLS - more horsepower and less weight.  IMO, it should be a rewarding car to drive/own.

While the car could have been styled even better IMO, it still provides a unique look, with few examples around. Contrary to Porsches, which are everywhere - in many different versions. Forgot to mention how similar 996/997.1/997.2 look, making things even worse. 

I would immediately replace my 997tt with an SLS if it weren't for its inflated price here in the US. Too bad.

--

997TT Blk/Blk,  BMW K1300GT