Some info I got from BMW and 6speed Turbo forum, note the weights (!!):

19"x8.75, offset 50 (FI010); weight: 7.4 kg

19"x12, offset 50 (FI012); weight: 8.9 kg
Cost 1200 euro (US $ 1700 - unconfirmed) per wheel.

If what I read is correct, then the BBS Fi wheel is designed by BBS Motorsport Division in Germany, and manufactured in Germany, unlike other consumer level BBS (made in Japan).  The famous Manthey itself is made by BBS and is a product of the same division. But... I prefer the Fi because it's made of aluminum alloy, versus magnesium of the Manthey, and the Manthey is a lot more expensive.

Although I don't like the design (and hate the chrome finish in the enclosed picture), all things considered, this has got to be the best wheel on the market now for Porsche 911 because of the weight and the "pedigree." There was a US company called AMT that made light aluminum wheel also, but AMT has unfortunately ceased existing as a legit company, and it ain't BBS Germany.
If I were to order a new Turbo now, there is no way I would get the Spyder over this BBS.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://www.bbs.com/en/company/news/fi_en.html

FISample.jpg

--

Regards,
Can
997 Turbo + Bilstein Damptronic "Stage 2" ( Review ) + GIAC ECU Tune ( Fast as a torpedo & reversible to stock - Review ) + Cargraphic Exhaust ( Oh heavenly noise! )