RC:

German society has changed a lot since the unification and I can't say it changed to something better. Social envy has increased a lot and since the financial crisis started, people are mad at almost everybody who earns a decent amount of money. 

Just imagine you work with a customer and the customer suddenly asks you how much your car costs or what kind of income you have because you can afford such a car. They even look at my watch, my phone and what handbag my wife is carrying, this is insane.

Unification might explain some of this. It is becoming clearer now.

However, there is something that I don't quite understand: Your wife and yourself are professionals, have worked hard to get there, and are now reaping some rewards. Shouldn't that mean something? What do people expect, that you work for free?  Germany is still a capitalist nation. Smiley

In North America, we expect our prefessionals to be well remunerated... even though it still isn't at the level of the entrepreneurs. I understand that you would not want to be ostentatious, but for people to question your accessories SmileySmiley

--

Slow In, Fast Out