REALZEUS:

Lambos are German  Smiley

Not really. They are being designed, engineered and manufactured in Italy, using some help from Audi in secondary sub-systems. If anything, the R8 V10 is Italian. Smiley

Not quite true but I can understand why Lamborghini dealers/employees like to tell a different story to customers.

All the newer Lambo models, especially the Gallardo and the Murcielago, are actually engineered by Audi with the help and collaboration of the Lambo R&D department. I know this is tough to swallow but... Smiley

My first car was a Lancia, my second one a Fiat. NEVER EVER again. Horrible quality, only problems. Cars with a lot of soul and a lot of fun to drive but quality-wise a catastrophy.

I owned three Lancia Delta HF Integrale and had direct access to Lancia R&D department due to my involvement in group N (and for a short time group A) rallye racing. It didn't help much though. I always got my parts exchanged and one time even the whole car but they kept breaking again and again. Smiley

My experience with japanese sports cars was similar: technology maybe reliable but at sub-par with the competition. I kept the Toyota R&D department busy for quite a while because they couldn't figure out why my Celica 4WD Turbo brake system was failing(!) from time to time. Simple answer: it got too hot and they installed cooling ducts and special rims from the group N rallye car. Toyota spent a lot of money on my car at that timeIt still wasn't good enough, so I returned it.

So far, Porsche has been the most reliable brand I owned, with some smaller quirks.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW