The 928 is dead...live with it. The next possible thing to a 928 will be the Panamera Coupe.

Apparently for some people, only the US market counts but deal with this too, the US is not the only market for Porsche and during the 928 time period, the US market was important but the german market was very important too and the 964 and especially the 993 started to have success over the 928.

Personally, I bought my first 911, a 993 Targa (not that I wanted it but it was the only 911 I could afford because the dealer sold me a 96 model for a reduced price) despite my temptation for a 968CS. The 928 was out of my league financially, I don't remember how much the last 928 GTS was but it was a lot. I also can't remember that I actually wanted a 928, it reminded too many people of the 944/968 and a heavy "luxury" grand tourer.

I always liked the design of the 928, especially the last GTS, I thought it was ahead of its time but the car got too heavy and too expensive and too comfort oriented.

Anyway, I won't comment on fritz but let me say one thing: I would loose each time I would argue with him for various reasons. I guess you need to trust me on this one. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW