reginos:

I am telling you that getting a manual car doesn't make any sense at all now that the PDK is an option. The choice of manual was obvious before with the tiptronic but not anymore.

I advise potential buyers not to be influenced and get carried away by various "forum experts" who (most probably) haven't even been near the system.

--
It's not where you're going, it's how you get there that counts

Reginos, with all due respect, you are calling forum members "forum experts" but you are the one sounding like one of those "forum experts". You don't seem to be able to grasp or comprehend why others still preffer the involvement and experience of a manual tranny, and thats fine, your loss, but your respectable opinion is just an opinion, there are others with more experience than you with the PDK here and don't necesarily agree with yours for example so keep an open mind.

Shifting is a key part in the driving experience of sportcars and there is no one and only good solution, it depends on the driver. I for one would be miserable if I can't work the clutch and the stick while happily driving along a mountain road, and no automatic tranny can be a substitute because of what their name implies, no matter how good they are. And that YOU cannot negate that because you are not me. For others may be the opposite, it may be not so important to shift manually or even bothersome and with the new DCTs the performance drawbacks are a thing of the past so its a win win for them.

What I'm trying to say is that to reduce transmitions in sportcars to one option is a very one dimential and narrowminded approach. The debate is always going to be, manual vs which auto (torque converter SCT, DCT, etc), because the two will never overlap completely, they can be compared in performace, weight, usability, confort, # gears, etc but there is always one thing that will be different, one has clutch and stick and the other one doesn't, and that difference alone is huge because its linked to involvement in the driving experience in a part of the sportcar drivers, and the driving experience should be one of the highest priorities in sportcars.

--