amazon:

A porsche doesn't really need to be much faster than it is.

That' why I prefer a GT3 over a turbo. It might not be as powerfull as a turbo but it will give you so much more pleasure, even if you're driving it slow, like an rookie would.

I kind of agree..., but for public road use I have to say not "Porsche[s]" but the Turbo doesn't really need to be much faster than it is.

I use it for passing on local twisty rural highways. Too many slowpokes get in front of you. The car is blisteringly fast and CAN scare if not terrify other drivers. For instance, I have plenty of room to pass but the _oncoming_ car would sh*t and swerve off the road because he can't imagine I'm in an extremely fast car which will get back in my lane fast enough when overtaking the slowpoke in front of me. IOW, passing opportunities would be even greater but taking advantage of them would cause accidents because of brain-dead oncoming traffic.

Other times when it's safe, the serious acceleration of car closes the gap caused by the car a few miles ahead. Massive brakes slow back down in an instant which eliminates cop radar or visual ambush risk when terrain demands. Talk about FUN to drive? Yeah!

That said, I wouldn't want to part with a single HP/Tq value of this car. It's got exactly what it needs for such driving. Maybe I'd like 20 more HP! Smiley

Smiley

Other times, when nobody's around there are certain known sections of road, with wide shoulders, which see serious "limit threats." Smiley

--
2007 997 Turbo