racerx:

Most porsche dealerships are small, sterile, and dull. Tiny little showrooms with no life. The local one here has a very nice staff though.

Porsche could do so much to make it an experience with their history. They should have full wall video and surround sound showing off their motor racing heritage and great cars of the past. I think all retailers could take a lesson from Bass Pro Shops.

Porsche's no.1 task should be a quick re-design of the panamessa followed by an all electric coupe with industry leading performance. ............................ never happen.

What you are suggesting is actually a certain Corporate Identity. This is why many dealers over here in Germany are in financial troubles, the CI implementation seems to cost a fortune. I don't say that dull dealerships are nice but I really hate it if all dealerships look completely the same. I run a small business myself and the only thing which makes me and my business different is actually the individual look & feel.       

--
RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW