I wonder how many of those who try to "convince" me(or others here) about sales figures and customer acceptance are dealers and how many are actually customers. Smiley

There is a saying in German: "trau keiner Statistik, die du nicht selbst gefälscht hast". Meaning: official sales figures are pretty much pointless to me, so are official "registration" figures. Those in the car business should better understand why than me.

Or to end this unholy discussion about the Cayenne: try to sell a used Cayenne and you realize the value of this product. Especially the Turbo and Turbo S are dropping 20-30% in price the moment the car goes to the customer. One or two years later, with not more than 30000 km on the speedo, you can be happy if you get 50% of the initial price tag.

Another hint: try to lease(!) a fully equipped Cayenne Turbo or a Turbo S right now in Germany. Almost impossible. Especially Porsche Leasing but other Lease companies too try to avoid such leases, urging the dealerships to actually SELL the car to the customer.

The reason is pretty easy to understand: after three or four years of lease, these trucks are almost worthless compared to the initial price tag. Look at the many leased Cayenne going back to dealerships all over the world, they almost ruin the dealerships with their high value on paper. Dealers usually need to shave off 20000-30000 EUR to move these Cayenne(mostly Turbo and Turbo S).

Sorry but if somebody want to convince me that the Cayenne is a successful product, I really have to puke. It was successful...until Porsche let customers down by not getting involved in the unholy discussion about the Cayenne Turbo and its fuel consumption.

Right now, no matter how many Cayenne Diesel or even Hybrid Porsche puts on the street, people learned from the media that the Cayenne is the worlds "dirtiest" car. Perfect job, Porsche. One reason why many owners are stuck with their Cayenne and no dealership wants to trade them for new or other models.

To prove to you guys that it was Porsche's mistake(marketing department messed up things): the BMW X6, not really "cleaner" than the Cayenne and not really lighter than the Cayenne has delivery waiting times of a couple of months depending on the model. It sells pretty well. Why? Because BMW gave the X6 a more sporty, less SUV-looking look, making the X6 look smaller, lighter and sportier. "Ordinary" people are dumb, they don't have a clue about cars, they don't know that the X6 is not much different than the Cayenne.

Anyway: yes, as a customer and longtime Porsche owner I'm very mad at Porsche.

For letting us Cayenne Turbo/S owners down, for making an "upgrade" to the Panamera almost impossible(price tag is ridiculous) and for leaving us with the feeling that Porsche is only about profit and high sales figures, not cars anymore. Sorry but this is what I feel and I know a couple of Porsche owners who feel the same.

--
RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW