RC:
I saw the car live and I'm still not a believer. The rear is what I have a problem with, it somehow doesn't fit a limousine of this size. The Mercedes CLS is more streamlined, the proportions are practically perfect. Maybe Porsche wanted (intentionally) to create some sort of "rubbing point" with the rear, so the car doesn't get boring. I still think that the rear isn't a design masterpiece, things have been rushed. I remember that there were three variants of the Panamera design to "choose" from, and although I have to admit that the Panamera looks very special, the rear looks somehow, I don't know, like a big fat butt. Smiley
--
RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor 997 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, BMW M3 Cab DKG, Mini Cooper S JCW

You have to understand that this is Porsche's only "sedan" so they had to design something that stream lined but yet practical. The CLS is super gorgeous but the rear is no place for a man taller than 180cm. Porsche's aim with the Panamera was to blend sport and practicality, hence the huge rear to provide ample room as well as semi-generous boot. Mercedes on the other thand has more liberty with the CLS since they have the E and S-class to counter its mediorcre  practicality.

Unlike the CLS and Rapide the Panamera isn't a vanity four door car. This one can actually be used day in and day out like any normal car transporting four adults comfortably.