Ferdie:
MKSGR:
Dr. Phil:

I guess this is a more philosophical comment on comparing high performance sportscars in general:
As I see it, these Nordschleife times have absolutely zero practical relevance to 99.99% of the people who buy the cars they test. 

Two important points to consider (based on my experience):

- a sports car with a great track performance feels better on normal roads than a car with not so good track performance. The reason is probably that the precision and refinement required to make a car quick on the track can be felt in normal use as well. The other way round works as well: I can do a test drive and tell if the car is likely to produce great lap times.

- a car that does faster lap times will be faster (on track) in the hands of any reasonably skilled driver than another car with less good track times. I.e. faster lap times mean you also get the faster car for yourself, if you have some skills at least. Of course, a pro is faster in it than a non-pro.

In summary: track tests are super relevant for me. But only if they are done with production cars as also sold to the customers 

Only one thing to add, these lap times are driven at 90 to 100 % of the car´s potential. Some cars might feel great and composed up to 60, 70 or 80 % of their potential but will not deliver on the track. That does not mean that those are bad cars for the general customer because many will never exceed that performance portion but enthusiasts and/or skilled drivers will miss that potential in the respective driving conditions.

You are right. For this buyer group less than perfect might still feel good enough!