Quote:
Isaac said:
Great story! How do the Moderators be selected? And how come they are all over the world?

This is the best part of Rennteam: we selected moderators by their dedication and passion, towards sportscars AND this site. One moderator has been kicked out because he didn't post for more than a year, just enjoyed his "status". Another one tried to use his status for a little company advertisement, unfortunately without asking first. But otherwise, the moderators are all great guys and I wish people wouldn't always say "RC here" and "RC there" because honestly, without them, this site would go down the drain in no time. Sometimes I'm away for several days or even a few weeks because of my family (little kids) and/or the business (lots of work, not that much money ) and without the support of the moderators, it would be impossible. And the worst part: we cannot pay them for their work, everything they do, they do for FREE. All of them are hard working people with a real life job and families, this is what true passion and enthusiasm is all about.

We had lots of offers for donations and/or advertisement but how to be unbiased, honest and even tough on some issues if you accept money, even from regular users? Impossible. We would love to earn money with this site, no doubt about it. Who doesn't want to enjoy his hobby and get paid for it at the same time? But I don't see any solution how this could work, especially since I wouldn't want our users having to pay for the same hobby and passion we all share. The only solution would be if Porsche would "rent" us, pay us and let us run this site the way we want it but I doubt this will ever happen. We're not "trustable" since we don't work for them and we wouldn't be controllable either. Too much of a risk for them.

That said, enjoy Rennteam.com as long as it lasts. I already wanted to say good-bye once because I had a lot of stress and I needed to set some priorities (family, job). But I couldn't do it, my ties to sportscars are too strong and I wouldn't want to leave the other guys without moral support and of course some of the interesting rumors, gossip and infos. I just wish I had more money to be able to work less and to be able to do more for this community. I guess I should play the lottery more often...

THANKS a lot again, guys.