There's only one problem here.....and its a big one.....

Unless all three cars are tested right next to each on the same track, on the same day, with the same conditions, and the same equipment, tires, wheel size, mileage, etc......it really doesn't mean squat. It is one magazines findings and only one....most others have decided differently.

We already know that the Cayman will handle as well as the Boxster S which is just fine with me as it is pretty much one of the benchmarks for sports cars anyway. Every article that I have read puts Cayman S handling way ahead
of the base 911 and on par with the 911S.....and I still firmly believe this as a Boxster S handles better than a base 911.

In a straight line?.....sure the base 911 is faster, never doubted it. The Cayman will be faster than a Boxster S in a straight line though.....I firmly believe this also, maybe not by much, but definitely a few tenths.....we have already seen a US road test with a 4.8 0-60 and a 13.3 1/4 mile....not estimates, a valid test.

If anyone thought a Cayman S was going to be a match for a 911S they were thinking wrong in the first place, but it will be more than a match for a Boxster S and equal (or better) to the base 911 in many areas.

As far as price goes, yes the Cayman S is still overpriced IMO, but I don't want a Boxster and a base 911 with the same equipment as my Cayman would have been $10k more which is still a chunk of $$$ even in this price range.

Any finally......I like the Caymans looks better.....to me it is really starting to shine in this area with me and is already making the 997 look a little old. So even if a similar base 911 was within a few $K of my Cayman S, I still would have picked the Cayman.