DaveGordon:

I have always liked them on the V12 Zagato and they worked out cheaper than the normal lightweight wheel option, plus had the advantage of still being OEM and rather rare too with just 101 sets being made, of which 68 were fitted to the 68/101 Zagatos that actually got sold and built.

Interesting - does that mean they failed to sell the whole run, or was it some other reason?

Yup, AM originally announced 150 V12 Zagatos would be made, then later paired that back to just 101.  The trouble was it was mechanically identical to the normal V12 Vantage which was priced at £138k in the UK, and could be had for less than that if you haggled, however the V12 Zagato with its unique Zagato styled bodywork and interior was £400k. So perhaps not surprisingly given the economy was bad at the time, they ended up selling just 68 of the reduced 101. Smiley

All that said there have been a couple of used examples on the market in the last year and both were over £450k so they turned out to not be a bad investment after all.

Through another forum I managed to source one of the remaining unsold full sets of V12 Zagato wheels, of which a run of 101 sets were made for Aston.   As lovely as the factory V12V lightweight wheels are, AM wanted £3750 for them as an option and it turns out the Zagato wheels were actually a little bit lighter still and they worked out a whole lot cheaper than that after I sold my stock wheels to another forum member.

So they may not be to everybody's taste, but I love them, plus they are super rare, OEM, ultra lightweight and a bit of a bargain.Smiley

--

Cayman GT4, Racing Yellow, PCCB, 918 Style Full Buckets

Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Dogleg Manual, Kermit Green, Buckets