Quote:
Martin Tyler said:
Quote:
DamienL said:
I know he's not a horrible driver, but Needell just seems to be the much better driver.

Needell is/was a professional racing driver, Clarkson is a journalist. Even Clarkson admits sometimes he isnt that great at driving.. and people will always comment that he isnt too. But compared to the average driver.. or even the average rennteamer he is probably pretty good.

Then comparing Jeremy to Tiff is like comparing a descent amateur to a competent professional. I wasn't aware of Jeremy's background before becoming a journalist (thanks Jim ). It isn't the most difficult thing to become a good driver, but it takes true talent to become a great driver.
Maybe the fact that he is not a great driver is advantageous though. Most people are, as you said, usually not great drivers either so perhaps some of them feel that if a person with moderate skills can appreciate a car, then they can also.
Being able to have fun with a car and extracting its full potential is NOT the same thing, although the two can go together.

NM, what a terrible thing to happen. I hope no one was injured.