Quote:
MKSGR said:
Quote:
RC said:
I also don't like the possibility of a non-S/S strategy which has been discussed in the past, meaning: a 997 Turbo for slightly more money than the 996 Turbo and a 997 Turbo S with 520+ HP for substantially more money, both cars available at the same time (rumors come and go regarding this).

That is indeed the major reason why I will not go for one of the early 997TT. I would really like either Powerkit+Sport Suspension or, alternatively, the GT2 if it will be offered with PSM. Also, the DSG might be worth the wait...

It's always been like that.
Same for the 997S, after a year's production, more goodies, powerkit, MP3, upgraded PCM, etc. and next year, it'll be the same although to a lesser extent.
The powerkit for the Turbo came later than one year after the first batch I think, but this time it's different, the competition then was the 360 Modena, now, it's a lot more varied and I believe Porsche will release the powerkit in the second year of the Turbo.
It's very sad and very annoying, but it's also marketing I guess, but you can't help to think that those engines are actually developed to their powerkit power and then downgraded by a few hp to then make more bucks when selling powerkits.
My opinion is that 997S was originally developed to be 381hp and future Turbo developed too to its powerkit figure whatever it may be (520hp?)