Scoot down to the dealer and place your deposit, mention it later to your bride like it's no big deal. Some other ideas if she still needs encouragement:

Paint the rooms she's always wanted painted ( whistle in the contractor to do it if you're not DIY type ) starting tomorrow--for no apparent reason. As a surprise, have her current vehicle detailed. Clean the garage and epoxy-paint the floor & hang some Rubbermaid cabinets ( she'll dig the garage thing too, even though it's really thinly veiled feathering of nest for new 997 bird). All above are horribly transparent, yes..but chivalry thing worked for me.

Point out that you've earned it...you don't disappear for weeks at a time gambling, golfing, or galavanting (excessively) .

I agree in theory with getting her excited and attached to the 997 with a dealer red carpet treatment, but she may balk after seeing the over-optioned $96K example on the showroom floor.
I skipped this step bec my wife would be no more or less impressed with 997S than my outgoing E46M3, so it would have been counterproductive @ $30K differential. Instead I showed her the half-dozen US and Euro car mags which simultaneously named 997 car of year.

At this stage--if she hasn't seen an MSRP yet-- get the shock over with but just speak in generalities about price "in the $70/$80K's neighborhood, options dependent".

Think like a criminal defense attorney confronting damaging evidence about their client: get the really shocking stuff in front of the jury early , so that the jury has plenty of time to get used to it. Then, when the car ultimately weighs in at $89.5K, hit her with the heavy emphasis on bouyant 997 resale value...that you'll recover $$ nicely whenever you decide to divest of the car (to move up to the Turbo heheh ). Best of luck, you'll do fine. Carpe diem.