- I was actually referring to its rather shabby performance at the Roar before the 24.

Although the Roar is a practice/training session a week before the actual race, it will have a Qualifying session (today).

The 963 has not performed well, and has been roundly beaten in every session (bar 1 which was wet)by the Acura's.

The number 6 Porsche even went as far as to have suspension failure in one session and then have a failing front wheel bearing in the next session. This after more than 32,000Km of testing.

I have been paying attention to the language that is used by Laudenbach during his interviews, and as a Porsche fan it is worrisome to say the least.

He talks about "teams getting used to not dominating". He talks about "not having a peaky car that is fast over one lap but instead focusing on a car that drives well over a long stint". 

There is no disputing that a car must be drivable, but above all it needs to be quick. The 919, 962,956, RS Spyder, 917 were all very quick....and also drivable!

I hope that I'm wrong, but I am not at all optimistic on the future success of the 963 . Lets see.

Oh and BTW - I have examined the data and the Porsche's were not even faster than the Acura's over a longer period. Their average lap times are slower. Even if one looks at best sector times and creates the "ideal lap", the Porsches are still slower.