After a series of screwups by the airline, last Wednesday night we found ourselves without a way to fly to our destination earlier than Friday because all of the flights were full.

I got excited. It was only 600 miles, and we could take our new 997S. Roadtrip! After getting refunds and going home to swap cars, we'd still have the better part of Wednesday night to drive, which would put us into our destination by Thursday morning latest. This sounded like fun.

To me. It was vetoed by my girlfriend.

She argued that the car only has 250 miles on it, and has already been the dealership once (I posted about the car not going into reverse last week). I said that it would be fine. She then asked do we deal with a breakdown away from a major city. Since most of the drive would be through very rural country, she had a good point. It could be hundreds of miles to the nearest Porsche dealership, or even to someone who has seen one before much less worked on one.

She had me with that arguement. We drove her car (a tried and true Lexus) instead.

Which got me wondering, how does Porsche deal with a breakdown in the middle of no-where? Do they tow the car to the nearest dealership? What happens to the driver? Are they stuck in some town they don't want to be in until the car is repaired, which could take Porsche days since they don't stock many spare parts at the dealerships?

Anyone run into this situation?