Whoopsy:
MKSGR:
Whoopsy:
MKSGR:
Whoopsy:

The hydraulic suspension from McLaren is basically unmatched for street driving compliance, yet it is still capable of delivering on a track. Porsche's PASM on the 911 on the other hand are borderline for street duties. Even Ferraris with the mangetorheological suspensions rides better on the street. 

Have you ever driven the McLaren in Normal mode at higher speeds? This is horrible drive feel... "Unmatched" maybe in that it is totally below the required levels...

Nope, don't think I ever had the Handling knob at Normal ever, always on Sports or Track. 

Sports or Track is fine in terms of precision - but, of course, no longer any more softer than the Porsche's suspension...

My beef with Porsche's suspension is not the 'softness' or lack of, but the body control, or lack of AFTER going over a bump. 

In the RS for example, I drive with PASM on just so the car won't oscillate after the bump, in off mode it keep bouncing. 

In the 918 it's better in off mode, but the extra body motion is still there, and it's way to hard in on mode to drive on anything but glass smooth race tracks.

In my old Turbo/Turbo S, it makes no difference, On or Off, they both oscillate. 

Historically, this kind of set up used to be most efficient on tracks like the NBR (normal mode). Then you also have the sport mode for Hockenheim etc. The test results seem to support Porsche's decision regarding suspension setup. Of course, any setup is always a compromise, they can just mix the possibilities in that they feel works best. If you mix them differently certain effects might go away but then other disadvantages would emerge. In essence, it is a question of experience and also brand policy to decide on the perfect suspension setup Smiley