Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Average milage

went to the dealer today to ask for the pse retrofit but he sais not yet available...

But one thing he was surprised of is the milage i did with my car,20000km sine august 2004.
    he said that it's way too much and the car is gonna get a stong depriciation if i go on like this.
    just wanted to know the average miles you guys have on your cars and to hear your thoughts.

thank you.

Re: Average milage

What fun is the car if you don't drive it?

I've logged 6,000 mi (almost 10,000km) in two months

42.000 Km in 28 months.
    -

Quote:
    gian61 said:
    42.000 Km in 28 months.
    -

Good for the three of you guys!
    I did 23000 km the first years, not 41000 after 3.5 years (996).
    Enjoy them, they're meant for that!
    Sertag, your dealer is like 90% of dealers, a moron.
    Depreciation due to high mileage is stating the obvious!
    So what! Enjoy it!

don't ever expect any new car to keep their value (unless it's an Enzo) so just enjoy it.

I've driven about 2500 miles since Feb. Up until now I've been really concerned about keeping the miles low for that very same reason. I'm also still struggling with the initial purchase cost, it was a major stretch. Anyway, I just need to relax and start enjoying....wife says this will be the first and the last.

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    gian61 said:
    42.000 Km in 28 months.
    -

thank you fanch.not that i care less if i loose money on the car.any yes you're right,99% of dealers are idiots.
    i just enjoy driving my car.
    the hell with the rest
    Good for the three of you guys!
    I did 23000 km the first years, not 41000 after 3.5 years (996).
    Enjoy them, they're meant for that!
    Sertag, your dealer is like 90% of dealers, a moron.
    Depreciation due to high mileage is stating the obvious!
    So what! Enjoy it!

Quote:
    911Fanatic said:
    ....wife says this will be the first and the last.

That'll be first and last wife, you can always have another 911
    8,500 miles (c 14000 km)in 6 months

2,200 miles in 2 months, just normal use. I'm enjoying the newness for as long as I can milk it, there's nothing like a new car. As for the wife DECREEING how much you will spend on a car in the future... Sorry to hear that!!! My 997S wasn't what you would call a "necessary" purchase, it was far from what you'd call practical or necessary within our household income. It was a big decision. It didn't matter, my wife backed me 110%, told me to do it if it made me happy and was what I really wanted, and was enthusiastic and excited when it arrived. I'm a lucky guy!

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    2,200 miles in 2 months, just normal use. I'm enjoying the newness for as long as I can milk it, there's nothing like a new car. As for the wife DECREEING how much you will spend on a car in the future... Sorry to hear that!!! My 997S wasn't what you would call a "necessary" purchase, it was far from what you'd call practical or necessary within our household income. It was a big decision. It didn't matter, my wife backed me 110%, told me to do it if it made me happy and was what I really wanted, and was enthusiastic and excited when it arrived. I'm a lucky guy!

well...let me tell you something.

you're a one lucky man.

my better half was fully supportive as well...she just gets tired of me second guessing my decision (I tend to over analyze things). I just need to get on with it and start enjoying the car of my dreams......

You're right, get on with it. I've "jumped into the deep end" on more than one occassion with cars that I could barely afford. Things have a way of working out. When I was 25 I bought a brand-new 1993 6-speed Corvette. I was so freaked out about the payments. I worked it out, I made it happen, I made the adjustments on other things, and I had a blast with the car. No regrets, ever. That car got sold, and 4 years later like an absolute lunatic I ordered a 1997 Saleen S351 Speedster. A 506 h.p. friggin Mustang with a $61K window sticker. Insane, right? Well, I managed to chew through that payment book, and I've still got the car today, with ultra-low miles, an absolute show-piece, and still an absolute insanely fast ride to take out and play with. Today I'm in better financial footing than back in those days, the 911 wasn't the holy-**** leap-of-faith that the other cars were. But once you do it, if you have enough tenacity, it'll work out, no big deal. Just enjoy the damn car, you paid enough for it!!! LOL!!!!

Drive as much as possible, whenever possible. Life is too short and a Porsche should be on the road, not in the garage.

3500 miles in 3 months. And, if I could, I'd drive it even more!!!

2700 miles since January. And get this - my wife told me I could buy the Porsche if we didn't have a big wedding with lots of people. She even nagged me after the wedding to buy the car!

11,000 km after 10 months of ownership, but that only represents 6 months of driving - I stored my 911 in the winter (and I thought the break-in period was tough until I had to had to deal with that).

Some mornings, I wake up an hour early just to go for a blast. I drive it everywhere every chance I get.

My car is in as new condition - not a scratch. She's gorgeous and perfectly cared for and maintained. I'll go that far to maintain resale (and a big smile on my face), but I won't avoid driving. Always drive smooth, and take great care of you 911 and it'll show, helping to maintain resale as much as possible.

Well the honesty of each story of your is really nice and unique ...:!

Three months and 6,500 Km.....

No wife to care about, no problem to care about for me..
    Thats a nice feature Bachelor's enjoy

Dont care about depreciation,at least for now...

Quote:
    Men007 said:
    Drive as much as possible, whenever possible. Life is too short and a Porsche should be on the road, not in the garage.

Ehh, sometimes the over-romanticism of what you should do with a car gets to me. It's almost as if when somebody hears about a car that's parked, they lose their mind thinking "That car should be driving right now". Well, that's why you buy your own. It's a machine. We're humans. Do whatever makes you happy, because the machine doesn't give a damn. If you want to drive it 10,000 miles a week, knock yourself out. If you prefer driving it only on sunny days, and like to sit in your garage in a lawn chair with a cold beer and just stare at your perfectly clean and beautiful treasure, fine as well. To me, both scenarios are quite enjoyable. Whether it's on the road or sitting pretty in it's house, who cares. If the car were built for PURE FUNCTION, it'd be a damned sight uglier, you can be certain of that. Sure, it's meant to be driven. But that doesn't mean you've got to shave, eat and sleep in it. The prospect of a Porsche sitting most of the time doesn't bug me at all, as long as the owner has a blast during the moments he does find time to get behind the wheel. For those who don't drive their Porsches daily, the time they do spend is that much more special and sweeter. So either way, whether it's your daily commute (like mine is for the most part), or your special-occassion car, it's a great car nonetheless, and neither attitude represents a "waste" of a car.

My honest opinion and preference???

Life is too short to drive ONE CAR all of the time, every day. Every once in awhile, I like to drive my truck, or one of my oldies, or go on a suicide mission on my dirtbike. They all have different pleasures to offer. If you can afford a couple of toys, and most here can, I say diversify, you'll have a blast, and stepping back into your 997 feels almost as good as the day you picked it up at the dealer.

Picked up in Feb, have 1100 miles on her now. Not my only car, not my only Porsche.

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    Quote:
    Men007 said:

Ehh, sometimes the over-romanticism of what you should do with a car gets to me. It's almost as if when somebody hears about a car that's parked, they lose their mind thinking "That car should be driving right now". Well, that's why you buy your own. It's a machine. We're humans. Do whatever makes you happy, because the machine doesn't give a damn. If you want to drive it 10,000 miles a week, knock yourself out. If you prefer driving it only on sunny days, and like to sit in your garage in a lawn chair with a cold beer and just stare at your perfectly clean and beautiful treasure, fine as well. To me, both scenarios are quite enjoyable. Whether it's on the road or sitting pretty in it's house, who cares. If the car were built for PURE FUNCTION, it'd be a damned sight uglier, you can be certain of that. Sure, it's meant to be driven. But that doesn't mean you've got to shave, eat and sleep in it. The prospect of a Porsche sitting most of the time doesn't bug me at all, as long as the owner has a blast during the moments he does find time to get behind the wheel. For those who don't drive their Porsches daily, the time they do spend is that much more special and sweeter. So either way, whether it's your daily commute (like mine is for the most part), or your special-occassion car, it's a great car nonetheless, and neither attitude represents a "waste" of a car.

Life is too short to drive ONE CAR all of the time, every day. Every once in awhile, I like to drive my truck, or one of my oldies, or go on a suicide mission on my dirtbike. They all have different pleasures to offer. If you can afford a couple of toys, and most here can, I say diversify, you'll have a blast, and stepping back into your 997 feels almost as good as the day you picked it up at the dealer.

Relax, I was just expressing my personal opinion, not trying to tell people how to live their lives...

2000 miles/month.

11'000 km in 6 months, I don't care the depreciation, I just want to enjoy my car

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    Quote:
    Men007 said:

I fully agree

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760992 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434535 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260092 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257224 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80796 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5311 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871441 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806666 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM