Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2022] Formula 1

JoeRockhead:

Leclerc will be DNF tomorrow. Why break the streak now.

Lol you so cruelSmiley

But then again his engine do have a chance to grenade itself. 

--

https://www.planetf1.com/news/nico-rosberg-max-verstappen-uncomfortable-monaco/

So Nico think the reigning WDC is not himself this weekend.

Could he be rattled already by how close his teammate is to his performance? 

--

Whoopsy:
    Carlos from Spain:

I just got home and couldn't watch the qualifying, looking at the results now but don't know what happened, did the red flag prevent Hamilton from doing a quick lap?  Perez is giving a Max a for for his money? would be fun if he consistently beats Max,... and what is Alonso doing up there in 7th? he lucked out because of the red flag?

Perez binned it just before the tunnel, Sainz plowed into him right after blocking the whole track. Verstappen was on a fast lap but literally stopped facing the two wrecked cars. Hamilton didn't get a second fast lap in because of that. Well pretty much everyone got stuck behind Perez as he was like the 2nd car behind Leclerc on the session.

Leclerc is proving that he is just as good, if not a better driver than Verstappen now that he got a competitive car. The Red Bull is faster this year but Leclerc is right there.

Alonso is driving good, the older he gets the better he drives, but he also binned it just about the same time as Perez did, but he was up on the hill before the hairpin. 

Thanks! that makes sense and explains a lot. Don't have much hopes for tomorrow though, Monaco is usually just a parade and mostly luck  Smiley ... but looking forward to seeing what happens in Perez vs Max, not going to lie, I'm rooting for Perez, always liked the underdog and disliked entitled drivers...

Perez had always been known to take care of his tires. Verstappen on the other hand isn't as smooth. He loves a very loose car that he can let it slide and catch it at the right moment to help him rotate and point in the right direction, it's his secret to going fast. One reason why there hadn't been a teammate that can match his times in the same car, as the Red Bull is tuned for Verstappen. Only. Down side is that he is very hard on tires. But it would seems this year's car is more on the neutral ground between the two drivers, or Perez just got used to it and adapt. 

Perez started off his career as a pay driver, but over the years he has proven himself to be a very capable driver. May not be top ranked, but he is close to top. And he is also a fair driver, old school even, he doesn't use to current tactics of crowding the opponents to force a pass. 

--

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/67083/f1-penalty-points-verstappen-top-as-ferrari-remain-scoreless/

Congrats to Verstappen, this is the 2nd FIA leaderboard he tops the charts. 

Technically Yuki and Stroll tied him with 7 points a piece but still, Max is topping 2 FIA charts at the same time!

--

Topspeed:
    CGX car nut:
    Topspeed:
    CGX car nut:

Last time one checked, qualifying 6th meant going around the track quicker than a driver qualifying in 8th position.  

Did you even watch the Qualifying or you just like to be Hamilton hater?Smiley

Red flag during his last flying lap.

Always an excuse. 

You confusing excuses with facts. Smiley

Anti-Hamilton fan club members seem to be allergic to facts Smiley

Check out what you Canadian soulmate wrote about the number of cars on track trying to take a fast lap when Perez binned it.  This isn’t Fantasy F1 or the Metaverse.  

it's really weird that some people still trying to focus on Hamilton when he isn't even half way to the top stories.

Story of 2022 is Leclerc and Verstappen, with a helper of Sainz and Perez. At best, Russell would come next, Hamilton story would be 6th inline at best. Or more than likely lower. Does anyone even pay attention to what Lance Stroll did? Or Lattifi?

Hamilton is like Vettel, a past champion, but they aren't in contention, there are 4-6-8 others with better stories. But somehow he lived rent free in someone else's heading for a long long time. 

Like I said, weird. 

--

Whoopsy:

it's really weird that some people still trying to focus on Hamilton when he isn't even half way to the top stories.

Story of 2022 is Leclerc and Verstappen, with a helper of Sainz and Perez. At best, Russell would come next, Hamilton story would be 6th inline at best. Or more than likely lower. Does anyone even pay attention to what Lance Stroll did? Or Lattifi?

Hamilton is like Vettel, a past champion, but they aren't in contention, there are 4-6-8 others with better stories. But somehow he lived rent free in someone else's heading for a long long time. 

Like I said, weird. 

Same with Tiger Woods though. Another past champion who the media and his fans think walks on water. The obsession with both, and the accompanying nonstop media coverage is nausea-inducing. There is more to both sports than either of these two guys. Plenty of better, younger athletes who should be getting discussed and covered by the media. Tiger could be dead last on a Sunday and he’s still all you will hear about. It’s tough for some people to let go of the past I guess. 

Imagine the same thing happening to NBA, that people are still talking about Jordan, ignoring James and Curry and every one else. 

While they are the greatest in their respective sports, but they all have an expiration date. 

--

Ah the irony is rich with several of the most recent posts above.  Segueing, looks like the Leclerc’s Monaco curse spread to the entire race. 

So the whiny kid can't show he is faster than his teammate all weekend long. Well deserve win for Perez. He could have had 2 wins in a row.

Red Bull has some masterful strategic calls, as oppose to Ferrari's messy calls. Poor Leclerc, at least he finished the GP this time around.

Russell is rewarding Mercedes' faith in him by giving them some great performances this season in the pig. Put him in either the Red Bull or Ferrari he will win the WDC this year. 

Alonso really have Hamilton's number lol. Revenge for their McLaren days. 

--

Great result for Checo, especially after the last race. Disappointed for Ferrari. Anyone seen Toto lately? 

Felicidades Checokisskisswink  Great job by RedBull, not so Ferrariheartsad

""No words, no words. We cannot do that," said Leclerc on team radio after more heartbreak in Monaco."

Max gains on Chuck in the points!  

And here on rennteam, the inanity paid for by Daddy's C$ money still evident.  All is well in the world.

1653843907636image.jpeg

Well deserved win for Checo, and not only did he win, he outraced Max the whole weekend, but Max can be happy he finished in front of Leclerc thanks to Ferrari's mistake one again. Everyone is going to be looking t Max vs Sergio next race as Sergio is challenging Max's driver #1 role.

Leclerc has quite a temper, there is going to be fireworks inside Ferrari's garage tonight I'm guessing.

Russell secures yet another top 5 finishes, 6 in a row. Mercedes are counting their blessings to have him driving that car this season, because if it were for Hamilton angry... you know, with his bad luck and all smiley

What the heck was Alonso playing at, slows the pace by 3 seconds per lap while holding Hamilton off and as soon as the race leaders catch the back of the train he takes off and sets the fastest lap yes ... he did get the job done though, he was like Gandalf in the mines of Moria indecision

FT7bjhlXwAA3n_N.jpeg

Carlos from Spain:

What the heck was Alonso playing at, slows the pace by 3 seconds per lap while holding Hamilton off and as soon as the race leaders catch the back of the train he takes off and sets the fastest lap yes .

35 seconds to Norris...

I hope they remove Monaco from the calendar. But money talks...Smiley

I like Monaco, it has character and also history. Much better than those cookie cutter Tilke tracks.

On Monaco qualifying is key, it shows off driver's ultimate one lap pace. And one never know what would happen during the race either. 

If one track has to go, I would hope it's Baku, Paul Ricard, Red Bull Ring, Miami, Hungary, Catalunya, Zanvoort or one of the Middle East tracks-Abi Dhabi comes to the top of my mind or all of them. 

With Max as reigning WDC, Zanvoort is for sure untouchable. Same with Red Bull Ring. Miami, while bad, is F1's own event so that's untouchable too. 

--

This race showed in spades why it has to go.  A train is boring. 

Despite its tendency to be an uneventful parade, I would certainly miss Monaco if it didn’t return. 

watt:

This race showed in spades why it has to go.  A train is boring. 

The DRS train at Imola was worse. Does that means you support cancelling Iola also?

Alonso showed today he still got it. Doesn't matter if the Mercedes is faster, he knows where to put his car. Same thing he did at Hungary last year. Against Hamilton also. 

Perez also when he was defending against Sainz. 

There were passing on track, Gasly did well to pass at unexpected places for example.

F1 just needed to spec their next generation smaller that's all, and racing will be great again. 

Just like road cars, race cars are just getting too big. IF there is a will, there is a way. There is no reason why the F1 can't be chopped at least 1 foot in width and a couple feet in length. 

--

Alonso explains the strategy

"It’s a sprint race, we had two choices: refit the hard tyres from the beginning of the race, or put the medium tyre. We put the medium tyre, but our life estimation was shorter than 33.

“So we didn’t know if we could finish the race, so I managed a lot the tyres for 15 laps, and then I pushed for the remaining 15 when they told me that Esteban [Ocon] had the penalty.”

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/alonso-not-my-problem-slow-driving-frustrated-hamilton/10313478/

Carlos from Spain:

Well deserved win for Checo, and not only did he win, he outraced Max the whole weekend, but Max can be happy he finished in front of Leclerc thanks to Ferrari's mistake one again. Everyone is going to be looking t Max vs Sergio next race as Sergio is challenging Max's driver #1 role.

Russell secures yet another top 5 finishes, 6 in a row. Mercedes are counting their blessings to have him driving that car this season, because if it were for Hamilton angry... you know, with his bad luck and all smiley

Really happy for Checo. He's been such a supporting driver, he deserves to win as well sometimes. Not sure about your assessment that he will be challenging MAx for #1. I think he only rarely outperforms Max, but he is certainly doing better than last year.

Regarding Hamilton/Russel... I am a bit surprised! I definitely hold Ham in high regard, for sure it hasn't been only the car. He's an amazing driver, but it seems he has difficulties adapting to the car. Hats off to Russel for doing so well. Him, Max, Norris and Leclerc are definitely the future world champion candidates.

--

Porsche, separates Le Mans from Le Boys

This weekend Checo beat Max all around, but you may be right that it may be a stretch for him to beat Max through the rest of the season, Monaco may have been an outlier do to it's special characteristics, but it still makes it more interwsting to find out how each does the next races respective of each other and hopefully teams orders don't get in the way kiss

Williams holding up Ferraris

After his pitstop, I finally noticed the aboard of Latiffi holding up Sainz (that Sainz mentioned in his post race interviews). Latiffi drove passed eight blue flags before allowing him to pass. Now I get Sainz's argument.

SAI onboard:https://streamja.com/k2JLR

In saying that, it's nothing compared to Albon holding up LeClrec for a FULL LAP (on inters); he went past 21 blue flags before he went off track at T1 (which is what let LeClerc past in the end)

ALB Onboard:https://streamja.com/P5bk5

LEC POV (2 parts)

https://streamja.com/n3pqd

https://streamja.com/6K9mN

After watching the above I'm amazed both Williams managed to escape a penalty and LeClerc was behind Albon when Checo was 5-6 sec a lap faster than LeClerc

This very narrow street circuit makes it easier to block other drivers. Like Albon, Lafiti and Alonso did. Smiley

---

Alex Albon spotted leaving the track with Christian Horner

Another paycheck from Red Bull smiley

Latifi is a wanker - he’ll be gone soon and shumacher too 

Imo both drivers should not be racing the next race, that should fix the problem and serve as a warning to others.

Topspeed:

This very narrow street circuit makes it easier to block other drivers. Like Albon, Lafiti and Alonso did. Smiley

There is a difference between what Albion/Latifi did and what Alonso did, the first where lapped drivers blocking lead drivers and influencing the race results, and Alonso was racing against Hamilton for 7th place  and had every right to prevent Hamilton from passing him. That said Alonso is known for being able to make his car 5m wide when he wants to.

I know it's different but it just shows how bad this track is for modern cars.

Alonso decided to go 3 seconds slower per lap than top 6 and that created that long train behind him. No space to overtake him.  It's legal but it's a dirty tactic IMO.

Williams drivers should have been penalized. 21 blue flags to give way, unreal Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803341 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448602 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266170 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90087 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6643 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885785 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833399 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM