Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: [2022] Formula 1

Whoopsy:
    Ferdie:
    Whoopsy:

Hah whenever Hamilton is doing well the haters come out in force 

Well, some people just don't follow blindly one single driver. They realize that there is more than one great driver on the grid. Can you?

Of course, absolutely. You missed reading up on me commenting on Russell, Norris, Leclerc, etc? The world doesn't' revolve around Verstappen or Hamilton. 

Well, I have read several remarks from different members, especially last year, how outstanding driver X is supposed to be and how f*** bad driver Y would appear, despite all his previous performances and achievements. I don't think that I have written such a bold statement about any driver on the grid just as I doubt any of us here is in the position to evaluate their jobs sufficiently. I think all of the above mentioned ones, be it Hamilton, Verstappen, Leclerc, Russel or Norris deliver performances worthy of a world champion, given the circumstances and proper car. 

Whoopsy:
    Ferdie:
    Whoopsy:

Like it or not, Hamilton inspired a whole new generation of racers, his work ethnics is second to none, nothing was spoon fed to him, he doesn't have rich or famous daddies to plan his career, he has earned everything by himself. 

Wrong, that title goes to Schumacher. He has done all that before and even without the backing of McLaren. He was 21 when he received a contract from Mercedes, driving a truck (in comparison to single-seaters) called Sauber C9/11. Remember that?

Another of course! And I am not wrong either. Schumacher represent the generation before Hamilton. He was the idol Vettel looked up to after all. Hamilton is the current generation's inspiration.

Okay, but what has Hamilton done that Schumacher or other drivers haven't done before him? Fitness level, attention to detail, work ethic... I can't see anything innovative that hasn't been done before. Wait, he asked Ron Dennis for a drive. 

Before I get misunderstood again, I entirely acknowledge Hamilton achievements. He wouldn´t have achieved that without the right work ethic, attention to detail and ability to learn from mistakes. The latter might actually be the one that differentiates him from Schumacher. I also think that he is able to play the mind game and F1 politics extremely well.

watt:

Great comment on Monaco:

"Like riding a bike around your living room".  Nelson Piquet.

I think it was Lauda who said it's like "flying a helicopter in your living room".

That size comparison of F1 cars is very striking, curious if we see any overtakes on the track this year...

Ferdie:
    Whoopsy:
    Ferdie:
    Whoopsy:

Unlike last year, where the stewards had decided the inside car will automatically be in the wrong, this year they are looking at all angles and intends before making judgements. A breath of fresh air to be honest. 

There is also a new rule to leave at least one car width to the opponent...

Hamilton has always pushed the outside opponent off track, that is something of a "signature move" of him. So after all, would he had left more room to Magnussen, he might've lost the position but, in that case, just one and not 14...

Last I check, K-Mag had almost half a track to his left, so Hamilton definitely left more than a car's width for sure. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Hence why the stewards deemed it and racing incident and be done with it.

Regardless, people see what they wanted to see. 

That first sentence wasn't directed at the MAG-HAM incident, just adding to the changes for this year. 

Well, I see what Hamilton has done in the past. It's in line with Senna´s philosophy that has been so well described by Brundle in the Top Gear special, in that he leaves his opponents only the options to back off or crash. Hamilton is similar in that he leaves anybody trying to pass him on the outside only the same two options. It's a philosophy that is perfectly reasonable in F1, there is nothing wrong with it. As I've said before, Hamilton has the talent to tread that fine line between reasonable and unreasonable actions on track.

This is what separate him from the current crop of young gun talents.

In a way, he is still old school, he leaves room on the outside if someone wanted to use it to pass him, but that will be a daring pass, someone has to have a lot of car control skill and faith in their car to do it. He doesn't run people off track or do a very tight pass to force someone to back out like how the current crop of drivers do. I mean he can and will play that game too when pushed for, but it's not hims M.O.

See Alonso passing Schumacher on the outside of 130R 2005. Schumacher left room, Alonso was daring enough to do it, and in the process, Alonso doesn't try to cut Schumacher off either. Villeneuve on Schumacher at 1996 Portugese GP, is the same, outside passing but not crowding the inside car. That's old school driving. Hamilton was doing that to Sainz and Bottas at turn 1, he takes the outside line, but in the process, he doesn't cut off the other car. 

--

Riding a bicycle in a phone booth. Is the correct quote. 

All the quotes demonstrate the same - and that diagram of car size telling that it’s fairly critical to win pole! Can’t wait to see- will it be:

- Chuck?

- Max?

- Whiney Lewee?

- George?

wow!

Chuck's Luck - one could almost argue Ferrari has a reliability problemSmiley

Charles Leclerc competitive Monaco results:
    • 2017 F2 Feature Race -- DNF, Suspension
    • 2017 F2 Sprint Race -- DNF, Electrical
    • 2018 F1 Monaco GP -- DNF, Brake Failure
    • 2019 F1 Monaco GP -- DNF, Puncture and Damage
    • 2021 F1 Monaco GP -- DNS, Left Driveshaft
    • 2022 F1 Monaco Historique - DNF, Brake failure

? time to break the curse?

FTmiqa3WUAAQznk.jpeg

Hope you finish, Chuckkiss

Leclerc on pole.

Verstappen crashed into Leclerc 1st lap trying to pass. Both out.

Perez engine gave up.

Sainz mistake into the wall.

2 Mercedes will be somewhere lost in the midfield.

Norris wins.

Or maybe Bottas.

Alonso on podium.

Points for Albon and Schumacher.

--

Somewhat of a technical analysis on how Mercedes solved its porpoising issue. Sure sounds as if the problem was an aeroelastic issue versus a pure aerodynamic, as a few vociferously argued for weeks, problem. https://youtu.be/uHeyaRBihPY

??Solved???:  Lewee is whining:

'I am f***ing losing my mind!'  after being 12th today.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-10861397/Charles-Leclerc-pips-Sergio-Perez-finish-fastest-opening-practice-...

But he won the important race of woke:  he gets to keep his nose ring another week.  He's got his priorities straight.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/index.html

He knows it's the windage on his jewelry that keeps George blowing his doors off, figuratively speakingSmiley

Meanwhile video of Chuck is woW:

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.highlights-watch-as-ferrari-lead-the-way-in-fp2-for-the-monaco-grand-prix.4w5m0JZ2QiP...

FTwhj-FXwAUFSMo.jpeg

FTxqv7XWQAMXMc- 2.jpeg

Russell, the young turk, is doing well.  Sir Whiny, not so much.  

Are you guys sure? 

FP3: Hamilton 0.1s faster than Russell

Last time one checked, qualifying 6th meant going around the track quicker than a driver qualifying in 8th position.  

Weird that the kind of whines couldn't go faster today than the teammate that was order to pull aside for him last week. 

The year before he couldn't stop whining about Leclerc put it in the wall, wonder if he will do the same to Perez this year. 

--

Charles is a rocket!!!  Let's see if the car can finish tomorrow!!!  He said he was .4 s faster before the flag too.

Lewee's jewelry still slowing him down and how do you pass in these giant cars???

Max unlikely to win this one so deep.

watt:

Charles is a rocket!!!  Let's see if the car can finish tomorrow!!!  He said he was .4 s faster before the flag too.

Lewee's jewelry still slowing him down and how do you pass in these giant cars???

Max unlikely to win this one so deep.

With that rough track, he body piercings must be bouncing up and down enough to upset his pace.  Chuck definitely looks fast but will he have the race pace, and reliability, this time around?

Here's how Lewee protects from his piercings in such a bumpy ride

DFX_yq8XUAAaj4N.jpeg

The Red Flag in Q1 was unnecessary- but the reds just accentuate this track is obsolete.

Lewee did super only 1s off.  Sainz had it together. 

Norris is good - that understeer oversteer in Q3 was nasty - the hand/eye/feet coordination these guys have at God levels is clear on this trackSmiley

Funny how Mercedes' strategy of running a 1A and 1B driver is working out nicely. Russell was hired to be Hamilton's successor and he is filling that shoe perfectly. 

Ferrari was supposed to be running a 1A/1B too, but seems their 1B is self destructing, or just can't quite match up to the 1A, he is turning into a #2 soon. 

Looking at Red Bull, their #1 seems to be slower than the #2 and needed to order the #2 to give way in order for #1 to win. Will the #2 needed to give way again this race also for #1? Or maybe they need a better #1?

Not sure if it is worse at McLaren. Their #1 is doing fine, but their #2 has turned out to be like a #5 or something.

--

I just got home and couldn't watch the qualifying, looking at the results now but don't know what happened, did the red flag prevent Hamilton from doing a quick lap?  Perez is giving a Max a for for his money? would be fun if he consistently beats Max,... and what is Alonso doing up there in 7th? he lucked out because of the red flag?

CGX car nut:

Last time one checked, qualifying 6th meant going around the track quicker than a driver qualifying in 8th position.  

Did you even watch the Qualifying or you just like to be Hamilton hater?Smiley

Red flag during his last flying lap.

Topspeed:
    CGX car nut:

Always an excuse. 

watt:

Here's how Lewee protects from his piercings in such a bumpy ride

DFX_yq8XUAAaj4N.jpeg

The Red Flag in Q1 was unnecessary- but the reds just accentuate this track is obsolete.

Lewee did super only 1s off.  Sainz had it together. 

Norris is good - that understeer oversteer in Q3 was nasty - the hand/eye/feet coordination these guys have at God levels is clear on this trackSmiley

Looks like he went Smurf instead. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10863295/Lewis-Hamilton-flaunts-eclectic-sense-style-Monaco-Grand-Prix.html  Is his Brony phase next?

CGX car nut:
    Topspeed:
    CGX car nut:

Always an excuse. 

You confusing excuses with facts. Smiley

Anti-Hamilton fan club members seem to be allergic to facts Smiley

Carlos from Spain:

I just got home and couldn't watch the qualifying, looking at the results now but don't know what happened, did the red flag prevent Hamilton from doing a quick lap?  Perez is giving a Max a for for his money? would be fun if he consistently beats Max,... and what is Alonso doing up there in 7th? he lucked out because of the red flag?

Perez binned it just before the tunnel, Sainz plowed into him right after blocking the whole track. Verstappen was on a fast lap but literally stopped facing the two wrecked cars. Hamilton didn't get a second fast lap in because of that. Well pretty much everyone got stuck behind Perez as he was like the 2nd car behind Leclerc on the session.

Leclerc is proving that he is just as good, if not a better driver than Verstappen now that he got a competitive car. The Red Bull is faster this year but Leclerc is right there.

Alonso is driving good, the older he gets the better he drives, but he also binned it just about the same time as Perez did, but he was up on the hill before the hairpin. 

--

Mr Whiner still have something to learn from his teammate Perez on corner exits and not abusing the tires too much. 

Mercedes is still having the same aero problem, the car start bouncing again when they loaded it up with downforce. 

Seems like Mercedes is still the pig in the field, they could still be the heaviest car, well behind the Red Bulls, There is no hope for them to even compete against the Red Bull on lap times no matter what they do. 

Will be awesome to see Leclerc finally win his home GP. 

--

Leclerc will be DNF tomorrow. Why break the streak now.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    803296 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448596 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266158 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90083 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6635 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885765 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    833376 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM