Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Floormats on backorder for CAB's

Picked up my CAB-S on 4/26 and the dealer says there is no floormats for cabs at this time So I am driving my car for 2 weeks now with a piece of plastic the dealer taped on the floor. ETA is still TBD for floormats. I am puzzled and can't actually believe this.

Am I the only one or there is more of us driving CAB w/o the floormats? Maybe its because Porsche is making way too many different type vehicles?

Re: Floormats on backorder for CAB's

hope that's not the case here! i'm receiving my car on saturday, will let you know then

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Picked up my CAB-S on 4/26 and the dealer says there is no floormats for cabs at this time So I am driving my car for 2 weeks now with a piece of plastic the dealer taped on the floor. ETA is still TBD for floormats. I am puzzled and can't actually believe this.

Am I the only one or there is more of us driving CAB w/o the floormats? Maybe its because Porsche is making way too many different type vehicles?

Are the cab floormats different from the coupe version? What color? I got black mats with my car and it came through PDI about the same time as your car.

Phil

I picked up my cab on Thursday sans floor mats. I was told that the cabs with the bose system have a subwoofer installed in the central hump so the mats are different. I'm told that they will be some time yet...more than a month.

Quote:
    helo1 said:
    I picked up my cab on Thursday sans floor mats. I was told that the cabs with the bose system have a subwoofer installed in the central hump so the mats are different. I'm told that they will be some time yet...more than a month.

Maybe than explains why I got mats. I didn't get the Bose.

Phil

me too...

when i took delivery of my 997s i drove around without mats for 45 days.
    but after this i got them original from porsche.

i ordered the bose, so guess we shall see if i get mats!!

My dealer gave me standard coupe mats which he said they will replace when the correct ones arrive.

Same experience with my dealer Texas. I picked up my 997 CabS 2 weeks ago and the correct floormats weren't available. My dealer did the right thing though, as they gave me new coupe floormats to tide me over until the right ones arrived.

Can anyone post a picture of this showing the difference ?

Thanks for feedback's. I have the Bose and that explains it. I checked out the rear floor and now see the issue. There is a hump sticking out of the rear center hump in a 45 deg angle. Square floor mats will not sit properly and ears will go upward.

well seems you have to choose!!!!! BOSE or floor mats

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Thanks for feedback's. I have the Bose and that explains it. I checked out the rear floor and now see the issue. There is a hump sticking out of the rear center hump in a 45 deg angle. Square floor mats will not sit properly and ears will go upward.

Could you take a pic of it ?
    I ordered mats with leather binding from Porsche but what I really want to do is order custom mats and keep the Porsche mats to the side.

Standard Coupe mats will fit in the Cabriolet. There is just enough room under the Bose Subwoofer to slide the passenger front side mat in. Try it!

Quote:
    Mac10 said:
    Standard Coupe mats will fit in the Cabriolet. There is just enough room under the Bose Subwoofer to slide the passenger front side mat in. Try it!

I can't "try it"! my car isn't here yet. Was anybody else able to slide a standard mat under the BOSE subwoofer in the passenger side front ?

I thought "silverrules" said the "hump" is from the rear ? Whoops!!!!!!!! No, seriously didn't silverrules say the problem was the back mats ?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I can't "try it"! my car isn't here yet. Was anybody else able to slide a standard mat under the BOSE subwoofer in the passenger side front ?

I thought "silverrules" said the "hump" is from the rear ? Whoops!!!!!!!! No, seriously didn't silverrules say the problem was the back mats ?

He did say that. The Bose system I saw has the subwoofer mounted on the side of the center tunnel on the passenger front side. It might require a different mat because it does intrude in the passenger footwell area. I didn't look at the rear mat area. I can't compare since I don't have the Bose.....and I am perfectly happy with the standard system. Especially since with the cab, the symphony I want to listen to is coming from the engine.

Phil

For me factory radio's are never good enough. Compared to the custom sytems some of my friends have at least. I really don't want to do custom stereo work in a new Porsche though so the upgraded Bose is the way to go for me. I'm not that thrilled with the quality of the upgraded Bose in my 996 Turbo so I couldn't imagine taking a step down for the standard Bose in a 997. I listen to music a lot and my commute can be well over an hour long sometimes EACH WAY. A lot of this time is spent in traffic so listening to the sounds of the engine really doesn't work out too good.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Yes can anyone please?

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Yes can anyone please?

Anyone ?????????????Bueller ????????????

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I listen to music a lot and my commute can be well over an hour long sometimes EACH WAY. A lot of this time is spent in traffic so listening to the sounds of the engine really doesn't work out too good.

I have no daily commute. My office is down the end of the hallway.

Most of my time in the Porsche is leisure time. We each have to accessorize our cars for our own situations. Besides, the standard system actually sounds pretty good. It is remarkably better than the optional Hi-Fi stereo on my old 996. The standard system sounds about as good as the Bose system on my wife's S class Mercedes.

I do appreciate good sounds. My home system cost more than my first four cars combined. A cab just doesn't offer the best conditions for true high fidelity. If I had a daily commute, would I have bought the Bose? Probably so.

Phil

My car came in without mats too.
    But the dealer ordered them by tequipment... there they are available allready!!!!

Straddle, Here it is. I have not been online. Sorry for delay.
    BTW, the matts have a ETA of 5/17 now.

thanks silverrules, they just gave you the car like that?!?! LOL!! i would have fainted if i picked up my new car and it came with plastic sheets

I got my Cab on April 27th with Bose and mats. I'm abroad this week (what a hard time without driving!! ) and can't take any pictures. Sorry. By the way the Bose is incredible. It has a special setting for an open Cab which is absolutely astonishing. I'm a Hifi fan and this is really the best thing in an open car I ever heard. You feel like in the middle of an open air concert. Even so most of the time I have the sound low to listen to the engine with PSE on.

Mike, this is the 1st time for me to pick a brand new car with no floor mats. There is always a 1st, ha? Oh well they did a good job on taping the plastic. It is still there

Seven, couple more weeks and you should have the top down all the time. Enjoy the car. I still cant stop going to garage as it puts a smile on my face EVERYTIME !

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Straddle, Here it is. I have not been online. Sorry for delay.
    BTW, the matts have a ETA of 5/17 now.

silverrules,
    Can't thank you enough.

Call Dave Wilson at Suncoast Porsche 941-923-1700 ask him not only does he have the mats but he also has the Lloyd mats which are better and nicer and you can have them in custom color as well ass logo. Tell him Stew sent you

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    763247 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435795 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260741 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257723 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    81007 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5323 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872687 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    808163 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM