Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Tesla

Was contemplating a Model Y with new 4680battery pack. Will now consider the Ioniq 5 and other options since Tesla is not offering the new battery pack in Cali.

If you aren't much into the fluffs offered in the Tesla, aka autopilot and fsd, Ioniq 5 is a great alternative at a lower price point and also still have full government credits. But good luck finding one to buy.

--

Fluff. Lol. 
    good luck buying either. 
    I’m waiting for an S plaid with the new 4680. Maybe in a couple of years. 
    The features and functionality of the Teslas with their stock tech, autopilot and OTA is far advanced from other offerings.  The iPhone vs flip phone comparison holds up well. 

Haha oh Mike!

Those are really fluffs. Not really important. Some thinks they are 'required' but not everyone. Like a cherry on top of a cake. Is a Model 3 that's never been updated with a OTA that much worse than one that's up to date? No, it still goes 300 miles on a charge according to Tesla. It can still go from A to B without bugged out. Correct me if I am wrong, but Teslas still can't do CarPlay right? Even after all those OTA updates? So they are like years behind even Ferrari when they had CarPlay for like 7 years now?

See iPhones vs Android phones. Androids has that 'customization' fluff over the iPhone, but honestly not everyone needs that bit, iPhones may not be as 'complete' as say a Pixel or a Galaxy, but plenty are more than happy with what iPhones offered. 

The average Joe out there doesn't need the best, they need the good enough.

See sunroof vs no sunroof. Or sports suspension vs no sports suspension. 

You as a Tesla fan, thinks that's the greatest thing invented. But for the average Joe out there, they have been driving for themselves for 20 years if not more, they don't need the car to drive for them. They can still drive. 

For those that wanted to be at the sharp edge, sure the latest and greatest is nice to have, I bought 3 Nvidia 3090 cards, all for my sons, also have a 6900XT for myself in my rig, But my daily usage is on my 13" M1 MacBook Pro, can't even hold a candle next to those high powered cards, doesn't make a difference when I am on this site, or on YouTube, or on new sites reading news. Autopilot and FSD are the 3090s, no one 'NEEDS' them. A 1080ti is still a perfect fine card for daily, heck even lower powered ones are fine still. 

You are a coder, right? Can you still code on a 4770k? Or do you absolutely has to have a 12900K in order to write codes? I would much rather compile on a 4 series chip when I can go for a smoke break and a lunch break than compile on a 12th gen chip where I don't even have time to go for a toilet break. 

--

There is just always such a volume of wrong I don’t even know where to start.  The iPhone vs flip phone comparison is perfect. I will leave it at that. There is no need to go on and on. Lol. 

“Tesla Issues 130,000-Vehicle Recall Because Overheating May Cause Display Malfunction”

(10 May 2022)

As if the automaker’s most recent safety recalls weren’t bad enough, Tesla has acknowledged the overheating issue of the infotainment system’s central processing unit. More specifically, the CPU may not cool sufficiently to prevent high temperatures during fast charging or in preparation for fast charging. In addition to slow processing, this condition may lead to a restart, thus increasing the risk of a collision.

“You can’t be serious. How come?” In the Model S and Model X, which are fitted with a stalk-less yoke rather than a conventional steering with a gear selector on the right side of the steering column, you need the touchscreen to shift into the appropriate gear. Alternatively, the Model S and Model X feature touch-sensitive controls just below the centrally-mounted touchscreen. 

Tesla became aware of this problem in December 2021, during routing high-temperature operation endurance testing on the Model 3 and Model Y central processing unit. The Texas-based automaker detected throttling and the built-in thermal protections engaged, prompting an in-depth analysis.

One month later, a 2021 model year Model S was brought to a Tesla service center for an overheating condition that caused the display to reboot while supercharging. The company notes a few other CPUs that were replaced under warranty in the same period, but curiously fails to mention how many of them were replaced. Tesla completed the investigation and confirmed the root cause in April, determining that an update would solve this problem.

No fewer than 59 field reports and 59 warranty claims were identified in the period between January 5th and May 2nd. Tesla highlights that it’s not aware of crashes, injuries, deaths, or property damage related to this condition.

129,960 is the number of potentially affected vehicles, and owner notifications will be mailed on July 1st as per the attached report. On the other hand, the firmware that includes the remedy for the overheating issue was rolled out at the beginning of the month. The population of S-3-X-Y vehicles was produced between February 3rd, 2021 and May 2nd, 2022.

PDF Link: https://www.autoevolution.com/pdf/news_attachements/tesla-issues-130000-vehicle-recall-because-overheating-may-cause-display-malfunction-188434.pdf

Smiley

Here I go. No accidents or injuries. The screen may be blank but all normal car functions like steering brakes mirrors etc work just fine while the screen reboots or chips cool down. Limited to supercharging and perhaps 1% of the total number of around 100000.  Not such a bad problem- at least they have chips to overheat these days and it sounds like an OTA update might just be all it takes. Either way it is hardly to safety issue everyone is hyperventilating here about. No one else can even do a decent OTA. 
    Still laughing at Whoopsy asking if an older Model3 without OTA updates is better than one with current updates…. Let me see - does your iPhone have more features and apps than it did five or ten years ago? Is not using Apple updates and new apps the way forward?  Of course not. 
    Since new my car has had so many free updates I can possibly list them all here. Here are a few - 

.3 decrease in 0-60 thanks to power increase, 20 mile range increase thanks to efficiency gains in motor management, track mode, brake temps on all corners, motor temps, battery temps, g- force meter, tons of sentry and security upgrades like viewing all the cameras on the car from anywhere in the world on your phone and being able to talk to people or honk/ flash lights using the car home apps. 
    Use of the car is constantly simplified like not needing a start button, just open the car door and walk away when done- the car goes into park and secures itself. They added dog mode and camp mode.  They also greatly enhanced the audio performance with new subwoofer settings and sound processing.  Endless new arcade games choices and movie streaming services along with web surfing.  The climate control system is the best - you can time to temp to be what you need it to be from anywhere, there are no rattles in the vents , the seat heaters now have an automated setting.  The safety features have also evolved greatly as has the included for free autopilot.  A car rolling down the highway at 80 mph safely for hours allowing you to focus on cars and objects around you rather than steering is not fluff.  
    There are 100s of other examples I could cite.  Only another Tesla owner might understand, I totally get it.  Just take the advice of those who think all that stuff is fluff with a grain of salt and read between the lines of these recalls.  

Yes, the added fluff that Tesla provides does seem to move the game on for me with automobiles. Unfortunately, as the comparison test above seemed to show, it does not all translate in real world practicality, It is still evolving and will continue to improve but its obviously not always perfect out of the box. I'm still acclimating to the evolution and have enjoyed my S Plaid so far-a much different experience from the M5CS I had planned. Do I miss my manual GT3? Absolutely and can only hope for a similar visceral alternative from the EV community. I'm not holding my breath though.

Leawood911:

Here I go. No accidents or injuries. The screen may be blank but all normal car functions like steering brakes mirrors etc work just fine while the screen reboots or chips cool down. Limited to supercharging and perhaps 1% of the total number of around 100000.  Not such a bad problem- at least they have chips to overheat these days and it sounds like an OTA update might just be all it takes. Either way it is hardly to safety issue everyone is hyperventilating here about. No one else can even do a decent OTA. 
    Still laughing at Whoopsy asking if an older Model3 without OTA updates is better than one with current updates…. Let me see - does your iPhone have more features and apps than it did five or ten years ago? Is not using Apple updates and new apps the way forward?  Of course not. 
    Since new my car has had so many free updates I can possibly list them all here. Here are a few - 

.3 decrease in 0-60 thanks to power increase, 20 mile range increase thanks to efficiency gains in motor management, track mode, brake temps on all corners, motor temps, battery temps, g- force meter, tons of sentry and security upgrades like viewing all the cameras on the car from anywhere in the world on your phone and being able to talk to people or honk/ flash lights using the car home apps. 
    Use of the car is constantly simplified like not needing a start button, just open the car door and walk away when done- the car goes into park and secures itself. They added dog mode and camp mode.  They also greatly enhanced the audio performance with new subwoofer settings and sound processing.  Endless new arcade games choices and movie streaming services along with web surfing.  The climate control system is the best - you can time to temp to be what you need it to be from anywhere, there are no rattles in the vents , the seat heaters now have an automated setting.  The safety features have also evolved greatly as has the included for free autopilot.  A car rolling down the highway at 80 mph safely for hours allowing you to focus on cars and objects around you rather than steering is not fluff.  
    There are 100s of other examples I could cite.  Only another Tesla owner might understand, I totally get it.  Just take the advice of those who think all that stuff is fluff with a grain of salt and read between the lines of these recalls.  

The 3 year old iPhone inside my drawer will still works if I take it out, charge it and stick my SIM card in it, I can call you, browse the web, send messages just fine. I can live without using TikTok which is on my current phone. It's just, fluff.

My 94 turbo 3.6 drives just fine without all the modern 'stuff' as on my Exclusive. No keyless entry or keyless start, I have to use the key to lock and unlock the car. No PCM no Sat radio, no traction control, no automatic climate control, no VTG, no AWD,no adaptive cruise control, and it's only got 2 airbags instead of a hundred. My Porsche app can't see and control the car, etc. All the extra fluff is nice to have, but like autopilot and fsd and other OTA stuff, they aren't necessities. You been driving for what? 40 years? You still know how to drive the Model 3 without engaging autopilot, it's not like all of a sudden you forgot how to drive on the highway after buying the Model 3. 

All the Tesla features you love and enjoyed, are not needed necessary things, they are just nice things to have, aka fluff. Just like me spec-ing leather everything.

--

As mentioned the car, since purchased, is now faster, safer, more efficient, more entertaining and secure. All for the same price and it keeps getting better.  As a consumer this makes me happy. As a competitor it would seem foolish to think business as usual will keep working to win customers.  
    Your arguments can be used for anything related to arguments against progress. I know how to walk without shoes but I choose to wear them. I know how to drive without autopilot but if available I prefer my car to be able to do it rather than not.  You assume people would rather not have all the extras for free which may not be the way business works but I’m just a coder.  So far the favorite aspect of my car is that is able to slice through traffic like a silent bullet on a mission. The best of all reason to own a car.   Don’t hear Christian Von Koenigsegg naming any other car the best daily driver.  

Leawood911:

As mentioned the car, since purchased, is now faster, safer, more efficient, more entertaining and secure. All for the same price and it keeps getting better.  As a consumer this makes me happy. As a competitor it would seem foolish to think business as usual will keep working to win customers.  
    Your arguments can be used for anything related to arguments against progress. I know how to walk without shoes but I choose to wear them. I know how to drive without autopilot but if available I prefer my car to be able to do it rather than not.  You assume people would rather not have all the extras for free which may not be the way business works but I’m just a coder.  So far the favorite aspect of my car is that is able to slice through traffic like a silent bullet on a mission. The best of all reason to own a car.   Don’t hear Christian Von Koenigsegg naming any other car the best daily driver.  

We know you are happy with your Tesla Smiley

For one, FSD isn't free. It's a 10k? Or is it 15k option now? That's still not functional. 

Autopilot is advanced cruise control in another name, most cars already have that, not many uses cruise control on a daily basis, it can be do without.🤷🏻‍♂️ I at least, for the last 30 years of driving, never ever engaged cruise control ever in any cars driven. Don't care. 

Heated seats, on the other hand, are considered fluff by people in Vegas or Phoenix, but it's a feature I used all the time.  But is it a essential function? No. I can always do without heated seats. I valued it greatly, but it's still fluff. 

--

And here is a EV from the Netherlands with a different kind of fluff. Bed, full kitchen, etc.

More room, more range, more efficient and lighter than a Model 3, smaller battery too, only 60kWh. Yet can do 600km on a full charge. On a good sunny day, the solar panel is enough to propel the car down the road with energy to spare and charge the battery also.

--

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:

We know you are happy with your Tesla Smiley

For one, FSD isn't free. It's a 10k? Or is it 15k option now? That's still not functional. 

Autopilot is advanced cruise control in another name, most cars already have that, not many uses cruise control on a daily basis, it can be do without.🤷🏻‍♂️ I at least, for the last 30 years of driving, never ever engaged cruise control ever in any cars driven. Don't care. 

Heated seats, on the other hand, are considered fluff by people in Vegas or Phoenix, but it's a feature I used all the time.  But is it a essential function? No. I can always do without heated seats. I valued it greatly, but it's still fluff. 

I was not referring to FSD. Not a fan of that and at $200 per month it is best to just try it. The cool part is that all the cars can do it if the software switch it activated. That part is cool. I was actually talking about the standard autopilot which has absolutely no equal in the auto world. It is free and as someone who never, like you, used cruise control in my cars this is actually a very impressive tool and works like a charm on the highway.  It is also always running in the background and able to alert you or take control when needed. Hence the injury accident rate is 1/10 the average of all cars. 
    I don’t use heated seats either - besides that is an ordinary feature these days. My point is there are multiple features constantly being added for free - many of them useful - when is that last time you have heard of a Tesla being stolen?  
    All of them free like the standard autopilot.  And growing. Plus it is way way faster than other EVs and most other cars on the road - the part I really like.  1cent per mile smiles all day long. 
    So , you may be correct. Maybe nobody likes getting new stuff for free month in and month out.  Perhaps the old car sales model of waiting to sell the new model to get the new functionality is what everyone prefers.  Me not so much. 
    That is not even talking about all the amazing integration of the tech and safety features all included in the price.  But of course since other cars don’t have that we don’t actually need it to make the wheels turn.  

U.S. judge says Musk recklessly tweeted that 'funding secured' for taking Tesla private

(11 May 2022)

Reuters - A U.S. judge has determined that Elon Musk’s 2018 tweets that funding had been secured to take electric car maker Tesla private was inaccurate and reckless, saying “there was nothing concrete” about financing from Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund at that time.

San Francisco-based U.S. District Judge Edward Chen’s pre-trial decision represented a major victory for investors in a lawsuit accusing the world’s richest person of inflating stock prices by making false and misleading statements, causing billions of dollars in damages.

Chen granted the shareholders summary judgment on the issue of whether Musk knowingly made false statements but declined to grant them summary judgment on the question of whether these statements actually impacted Tesla’s share prices.

In 2018, Musk met with representatives of Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund and had a discussion about taking Tesla private, but evidence showed that “there was nothing concrete about funding coming from the PIF,” the judge wrote.

“Rather, discussions between Tesla and the PIF were clearly at the preliminary stage,” Chen said.

“No reasonable jury could find that Mr. Musk did not act recklessly given his clear knowledge of the discussions,” the judge added.

Chen said details such as the total amount of funding needed to take Tesla private or the price to be paid for Tesla stock were not discussed.

The summary judgment, made on April 1, was sealed for more than a month before it was made publicly available on Tuesday.

“It is hugely significant,” shareholder attorney Nicholas Porritt, a partner at Levi & Korsinsky LLP told Reuters.

Porritt said it is rare that a judge decides that a defendant knowingly made false statements in summary judgment before a jury trial begins. The remaining issue is what damages the intentionally false statement has caused to shareholders, Porritt said.

Musk’s lawyer, who has filed motions to undo the court decision, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Musk last month said that funding was actually secured to take Tesla private in 2018.

Chen’s ruling was in line with a complaint from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The securities regulator in 2018 sued Musk for fraud relating to the tweets. Musk then settled with the SEC, stepping down as Tesla chairman, paying fines and agreeing to have a lawyer approve some of his tweets before posting them.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/court-says-musk-recklessly-tweeted-that-funding-secured-taking-tesla-private-2022-05-11/

That is the strangest case given the increase in shareholder value.  Who exactly is complaining about taking a loss?  Another good example of our government going after the wrong people for the wrong reasons.  You would think actual fraudulent activity is out there not being investigated.  Hunters laptop anyone?  
    Anyway, between this and the lapped cars not all un lapping themselves in last year’s F1 Finale I just don’t see the impact. 

Whoopsy:
    Whoopsy:

Elon just sold another ~$8.5bil worth of Tesla stock to fund his Twitter purchase the last two days.

I have no problem with him buying Twitter. If Bezos can buy Washington Post, Elon can buy whatever he wants. 

How he finance the purchase is a bit more precarious than normal. 

Oh and with the $8.5bil stock sale by Elon, the magic number now moved up to $837 per share from $740 not so long ago as calculated by Bloomberg.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-04-29/musk-s-tesla-stock-sales-give-less-room-for-error-on-margin-loan?srnd=premium...

He is really playing with fire now on his finance plan for buying Twitter. another hour to go before close of today's market, TSLA is now trading at $878, down from a high of above $900 earlier today.

Good thing Elon adjusted his margin loans, and had been begging others to help him finance the TWTR purchase, cause TSLA has already drop through the initial estimated margin call price of $740.

--

CGX car nut:

World’s safest car! https://insideevs.com/news/585424/tesla-high-speed-crash-convention-center/ 

Yes it is. Humans on the other hand seem to still be a crapshoot. 
    If we are not careful we will not be allowed to have anything nice - I hope this type of stupidity does not result in FSD being forced on us by politicians.  

“TesIa Loses Spot on S&P ESG Index Due to Concerns Over Crashes, Working Conditions”

(18 May 2022)

The world’s most famous electric-vehicle maker has lost its spot on the ESG version of the S&P 500 Index.

S&P Dow Jones Indices says that Tesla Inc.’s score on environmental, social and governance standards has remained “fairly stable” over the past year, but that it has slipped down the ranks against improving global peers.

The index provider also cited concerns related to working conditions and the firm’s handling of an investigation into deaths and injuries linked to its driver-assistance systems. A lack of low-carbon strategy and codes of business conduct also counted against Elon Musk’s company, it said.

“While Tesla may be playing its part in taking fuel-powered cars off the road, it has fallen behind its peers when examined through a wider ESG lens,” Margaret Dorn, senior director and head of ESG indices for S&P Dow Jones in North America, said in a Tuesday blog post.

Tesla didn’t immediately respond to an emailed request for comment, though writing on Twitter on Wednesday Musk described ESG as a “scam.” 

Tesla also recently criticized ESG metrics as “fundamentally flawed” in an annual report, and in an April tweet Musk said “corporate ESG is the devil incarnate.”

Dorn wrote that an analysis seeking to identify risks to the company stemming from any controversial incidents identified “two separate events centered around claims of racial discrimination and poor working conditions at Tesla’s Fremont factory, as well as its handling of the NHTSA investigation after multiple deaths and injuries were linked to its autopilot.”

Both had a negative impact on Tesla’s score, she said. 

The S&P 500 ESG Index is tracked by at least 16 exchange-traded funds, according to the S&P Dow Jones website. 

Kristin Hull, founder of Nia Impact Capital, a sustainability fund in Oakland, California that has been pressing Tesla to address worker issues, said she was relieved that there was “finally accountability.”

“This move signals to other companies that ESG standards, and improving them, matters,” she said. “And that there will be material, financial implications.”

[Source: Bloomberg]

7809A150-B448-48AD-99A1-CA3081F0E508.png

Smiley

I am not a Tesla owner, neither with shares nor with a car (had some shares a long time ago) 

I have seen numerous alarming analysis posted in this thread over the years. But none have matched reality. The stock still performs well. If all these professional analysis  would of been accurate TESLA should be down the drain. Reality is that the stock keeps raising since it's launch.

What does it say about these bank and financial analysts ? They are worth as much as Madame Maylan's visions, the next door clairvoyant . 

Yes. Pretty obvious that the competition is pulling out all stops to interfere with Tesla's success since they are so far behind. I mean read the story and what they complain about.  Do they look at the overall safety of the cars?  Laughable complaints.  

TesIa shares down -40% so far 2022YTD...  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

A688C431-5682-4E47-85AD-B5B2728C1E82.jpeg

...any margin calls yet? Smiley

Elon's Twitter buying loans did not materialized, yet. His magic number is ~$420. Long way to go to ge to that number.

But the 'aborted' Twitter deal isn't going away, if Twitter enforced the deal, and Elon don't have more buddies pledging money, then the magic number will shot back up to $750 or so.

TSLA has lost abut $200 since that loan was initially negotiated so it will need much more shares pledged in order to borrow the same amount. So the margin call number might even be in the $800s.

He might need his old flame Amber Heard to do some nice PR for him to get the price up. 

--

Whoopsy:

Elon's Twitter buying loans did not materialized, yet. His magic number is ~$420. Long way to go to ge to that number.

But the 'aborted' Twitter deal isn't going away, if Twitter enforced the deal, and Elon don't have more buddies pledging money, then the magic number will shot back up to $750 or so.

TSLA has lost abut $200 since that loan was initially negotiated so it will need much more shares pledged in order to borrow the same amount. So the margin call number might even be in the $800s.

He might need his old flame Amber Heard to do some nice PR for him to get the price up. 

Her word is worth less than a monkey NFT right now. 

Lol. Amber Turd. 
    Teslas price is likely a reflection of the Current market. It was down this much back in March and there was no Twitter deal then. 

TesIa - is it time to fact check the CEO?  C7BEAB03-A272-4B0C-AF73-D01AEAA5AA36.gif

2033C178-6F55-4D77-ACF1-25100C2C4CA2.jpeg

DD2F5787-4F27-4616-BE10-86D9670103D1.jpeg

55BEE2F3-CC14-4E60-81A0-A3C51D426AF4.jpeg

02516D5A-2D7A-449D-861D-085060459655.jpeg

83B8CB9D-CA78-4B72-85AC-1460C40A77CB.jpeg

4A180A73-2FB4-428A-93C4-64476C8572E6.jpeg

8045A14B-736D-4185-8E17-29A4CECAC6DD.jpeg

25854CEF-331A-4BD8-B9CF-DBC41DDB8E2D.jpeg

DE3EB091-49D2-49B1-9EF8-444C8616CE7B.jpeg

21DF21A5-14FD-44ED-ADB8-65DD766E513A.jpeg

107B8D5B-6834-4800-9378-E1BCF62CCE67.jpeg

DE001CD4-DB8C-4773-9434-708D99ED7AE1.jpeg

BB637F75-149E-4BBB-9E05-9C43398894DE.jpeg

399E1D4E-00ED-4FE2-BCD5-BC1EF774E870.jpeg

632E0C36-B09F-42CB-BACA-34C86ADDFE2D.jpeg

2998719C-536B-453D-8AAF-515DD3AB12FC.jpeg

66C88C29-F598-4ED3-B6FB-8CE8407F408E.jpeg

BFBF43A2-3F54-4A5B-82CB-CCB82F228C56.jpeg

Link: https://www.elonmusk.today/

...where were the clues? Smiley

As I have mentioned over last year. Musk is under attack by all of those he pisses off. Mostly the lazy unproductive political idiots who try to steal our money and freedoms. Those who eat this stuff up and think they are brilliant for pointing it out are not doing themselves any favors.  Perhaps one forgets the actual car buying experience and the corporations who, for decades, gave us no choices and dealer markups. 
    The same people who make these lists about Musk sing Biden’s praises and cheer the Democrats. I think that sums it up. 
    btw the list reminds me of all the outrages repeated about Trump. Zero substance with tons of fake outrage. All brought to you by the people who offer no actual better alternative.  One would need to be pretty brainwashed to give that list any weight at all. It does reek of desperation.  The enemies of Musk are playing all their BS cards.  Fun to watch their lies pile up.  

Meanwhile he is the richest and most productive person on the planet with a huge customer satisfaction percentage.  Perhaps it is time to face the reality that there is a concerted effort to hurt consumers and peoples freedoms and that bashing Musk a stupid move.  Maybe it is time to join him via a nice red pill - it may help to see clearly a hat is going on in the real world. 
    Or you can pretend Musk is evil and stupid and it is the left and our government that is brilliant and never lies.  Lol. 

The acquisition of Tw!tter - in a bear market with no due diligence - is a masterstroke of genius by EIon...  Smiley

SEC-letter-p1.png

SEC-letter-p2.png

...TesIa will become untouchable by the SEC and - after a merger with SpaceX - they can build a Gigafactory on Mars! Smiley

More related to another thread, but since Tesla seems to have the advantage I thought to just post it here.

While the Taycan is using a limited slip differential on the rear axle, does anyone think that is actually a better approach than Tesla Plaid utilizing two electric motors for the rear wheel drive ? plus of course another for the front axle. It just seems like the Porsche introduces a big basket of old fashioned mechanical inefficiency. yes

There are always multiple ways to do certain things, there isn't one correct way, just different ways.

Using a mechanical LSD means the action is automatic, there is no need to program logics for 2 different motors. 

On the other hand, using 2 motors means each one can be individually tuned, but needs active intervention.

I am waiting for Elon to take out the steering wheel and replace it with a joystick and claim it's better.

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/17/24 7:48 AM
    GnilM
    660998 1775
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    400860 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    254552 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    228952 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    59289 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4372 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

853257 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    761298 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM