High-Flow Catalytic Converters
    Upgraded Fuel Delivery System
    Dyno Testing & Calibration
    Road Testing (up to 100 miles)
    Professional Installation
    2 Year / 24,000 Mile Warranty

Ben/Mike/Amir getting any ideas??

Re: Hennessey Carrera GT!!!

245 mph = 394 km/h !!!!!!!!!!! Jeeeesus! That's just mindboggling.
    That's even faster than my car!

Mike...any thoughts about creating a radar detector for small airplanes at streetlevel?
    I guess law enforcement officers will have a problem convincing a judge that they caught anyone going 245 mph...

How appropriate naming it "Hennessey". You WILL need a cognac before driving this monster.

Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    I'm shocked

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/henn...ActionReq=Where

Porsche Carrera GT - 800 HP Twin Turbo System

Power Output:
    800 HP
    800 lb-ft Torque

Performance:
    0 - 60: 2.7 sec.
    1/4 Mile: 10.4 sec. @ 140 mph
    Top Speed: 245 mph

Includes:
    Twin Garrett Ball Bearing Turbos
    Stainless Steel Turbo Headers
    External Wastegates
    Air to Air Intercoolers
    Stainless Steel Exhaust System

even if it wasn't hennesey's whose reputation is considerably less than sterling, hell no.

btw, anyone really think they've done the R&D necessary to make a reliable product - or at least know it is?

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    I'm shocked

Power Output:
    800 HP
    800 lb-ft Torque

Performance:

Includes:
    External Wastegates
    Air to Air Intercoolers

even if it wasn't hennesey's whose reputation is considerably less than sterling, hell no.

btw, anyone really think they've done the R&D necessary to make a reliable product - or at least know it is?

I dont think they have. The presentation seems pretty slapdash to me. Isn't that picture of the red CGT a picture from Porsche? You think they would atleast have a picture of the kit to make it more believing. But, the numbers are amazing. Its mind boggling. If I had a CGT, I wouldn't dare hand it over to them. No way.

Quote:
    Porsche930S said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    I'm shocked

Power Output:
    800 HP
    800 lb-ft Torque

Performance:

Includes:
    External Wastegates
    Air to Air Intercoolers

I dont think they have. The presentation seems pretty slapdash to me. Isn't that picture of the red CGT a picture from Porsche? You think they would atleast have a picture of the kit to make it more believing. But, the numbers are amazing. Its mind boggling. If I had a CGT, I wouldn't dare hand it over to them. No way.

the numbers are horseschit as they were with gemballa and their abortion offer. both companies merely extrapolated out numbers based on power/weight, etc in the hopes of trolling for a sucker to offer up their CGT for molestation from these hacks. fwiw, the CGT motor was detuned from 800 hp "NA". i'm sure we'd all be amazed at what just the elimination of the pre and post cats (4 total!) would offer in the way of power increase and weight savings.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Porsche930S said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    I'm shocked

Power Output:
    800 HP
    800 lb-ft Torque

Performance:

Includes:
    External Wastegates
    Air to Air Intercoolers

the numbers are horseschit as they were with gemballa and their abortion offer. both companies merely extrapolated out numbers based on power/weight, etc in the hopes of trolling for a sucker to offer up their CGT for molestation from these hacks. fwiw, the CGT motor was detuned from 800 hp "NA". i'm sure we'd all be amazed at what just the elimination of the pre and post cats (4 total!) would offer in the way of power increase and weight savings.

Ya, I don't think I would hand my Carrera GT over to any company. So far, no company has offered any kits or parts that seem to be worth it or have any validity to their statements. Seems like no one can improve what Porsche has created, and rightly so.

Also, due to the design of the chassis and engine compartment of the CGT, wouldn't it be a major operation just to install an aftermarket exhaust system? Seems like theres not much room to spare because the chassis 'wraps' around the engine.

Quote:
    Porsche930S said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    Porsche930S said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    I'm shocked

Power Output:
    800 HP
    800 lb-ft Torque

Performance:

Includes:
    External Wastegates
    Air to Air Intercoolers

Ya, I don't think I would hand my Carrera GT over to any company. So far, no company has offered any kits or parts that seem to be worth it or have any validity to their statements. Seems like no one can improve what Porsche has created, and rightly so.

Also, due to the design of the chassis and engine compartment of the CGT, wouldn't it be a major operation just to install an aftermarket exhaust system? Seems like theres not much room to spare because the chassis 'wraps' around the engine.

no, a cat bypass would be easy. in fact there is a company in S. Cal who is stating they can do it while not triggering the check engine light and still passing CA smog. i'm tempted.

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    I'm shocked

Power Output:
    800 HP
    800 lb-ft Torque

Performance:

Includes:
    External Wastegates
    Air to Air Intercoolers

I know a guy in Houston that had his Viper worked on by hennesey, they truely F'ed it up bad and never took responsibily.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    I'm shocked

Power Output:
    800 HP
    800 lb-ft Torque

Performance:

Includes:
    External Wastegates
    Air to Air Intercoolers

I know a guy in Houston that had his Viper worked on by hennesey, they truely F'ed it up bad and never took responsibily.

read a couple of magazine articles recounting numerous similar experiences with him. it's bad enough to f up an easily and cheaply replaceable viper motor/tranny/rear end, but it would be quite a bit more painful doing the same to the same CGT components.

So the verdict is.......

0-shop in a blistering 23min

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    no, a cat bypass would be easy. in fact there is a company in S. Cal who is stating they can do it while not triggering the check engine light and still passing CA smog. i'm tempted.

If I'm not mistaken, a cat bypass would:

1) increase the amount of carcinogenic BTX (benzene, toluene, xylene) fumes your family, passengers and you would have to unnecessarily inhale.

2) add regular CEL (check engine light) occurrences contrary to the stated claims by any aftermarket shop.

3) change the special acoustic signature.

4) void your warranty.

Are you tempted further, Ben?

I'll have my friends and family inhale carcinogens for a fun ride in a Carrera GT without cats. I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

Mention the " H " name on Viper boards and prepare to duck for cover!

Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    Includes:

doen't this line say it all

Any idea how much power removing the 2 pre-cats will yield? Any idea how the exhaust note will be affected?

Thanks.
    Baron

Its more like Heresy CarreraGT than Hennesy CarreraGT

Another twin turbo conversion for the CGT:

Gemballa USA is seriously representing that they are going to modify a Carrera GT in much the same way they push out the current 911 to make over 750 bhp. That is, attach twin turbochargers and make a 1000 bhp monster.

However, Gemballa's ambitions don't end there. This hypothetical makeover also includes a gullwing doors and a new carbon fiber roof, tested in the wind tunnel for 250 mph crusing.

Do we believe this? Not yet. Unfortunately, Gemballa told the Dupont Registry it would take 1.5 million euros to complete the upgrade.

lol 1.5 mil euros, you can buy a few CGT's then...

I remember talking to a tech from Sportec in Switzerland. They had a Carrera GT there for tuning. The owner wanted more power and theoretically, it wouldn't be a problem. But Sportec advised against it, especially using turbo chargers because of the ceramic composite clutch for example but other reasons too. So they just fine-tuned this car, a few horses more the classic way, the suspension stayed the same ("there is nothing to improve..." ).

Personally, I think most CGT owners should learn how to tame the current HP they have on the original car before they're thinking about a 25% power increase. Ouch.

And Tuners who do EVERYTHING for money, aren't serious in my opinion. There has to be a limit, a technical one and a moral one. You can add a 1000 horses to a car but what then? I mean look how many problems VW had with the Bugatti Veyron during development. And they invested hundreds of millions in this project. Now imagine a Tuner with a testing/development budget of a couple of tens of thousands of dollars...IF that much...

I would never "touch" a Ferrari Enzo or a Carrera GT, this is a sacrilege, the most dumb thing people can do. They not only destroy the original setup, they spit on the passionate and intelligent work of some of the finest development engineers worldwide.

I don't get it: people are intelligent enough to earn a lot of money to be able to buy such a fine car like a Carrera GT and then they're dumb enough to throw away another tens or even hundreds of thousands for destroying the work or art. This is like buying the Mona Lisa and changing her hair to blonde, making her lips red and adding some sun glasses to it, not to speak about a boob job.

Sorry for my angry words but some things, I really don't understand.

Quote:
    RC said:
    I remember talking to a tech from Sportec in Switzerland. They had a Carrera GT there for tuning. The owner wanted more power and theoretically, it wouldn't be a problem. But Sportec advised against it, especially using turbo chargers because of the ceramic composite clutch for example but other reasons too. So they just fine-tuned this car, a few horses more the classic way, the suspension stayed the same ("there is nothing to improve..." ).

Personally, I think most CGT owners should learn how to tame the current HP they have on the original car before they're thinking about a 25% power increase. Ouch.

And Tuners who do EVERYTHING for money, aren't serious in my opinion. There has to be a limit, a technical one and a moral one. You can add a 1000 horses to a car but what then? I mean look how many problems VW had with the Bugatti Veyron during development. And they invested hundreds of millions in this project. Now imagine a Tuner with a testing/development budget of a couple of tens of thousands of dollars...IF that much...

I would never "touch" a Ferrari Enzo or a Carrera GT, this is a sacrilege, the most dumb thing people can do. They not only destroy the original setup, they spit on the passionate and intelligent work of some of the finest development engineers worldwide.

I don't get it: people are intelligent enough to earn a lot of money to be able to buy such a fine car like a Carrera GT and then they're dumb enough to throw away another tens or even hundreds of thousands for destroying the work or art. This is like buying the Mona Lisa and changing her hair to blonde, making her lips red and adding some sun glasses to it, not to speak about a boob job.

Sorry for my angry words but some things, I really don't understand.

don't worry I feel your pain

I would be happy with a Carrera GT and 612 horses but anything over that is just retarded

Quote:
    RC said:

Amen, brother.

Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    ...I would be happy with a Carrera GT and 612 horses but anything over that is just retarded

No, it's not! It is well known, as said before, that the CGT engine is rather on the safe side in terms of reliability. If using this engine in the ALMS or at LeMans, what it was originally destined for, it would have to endure 24 hours at the very limit and would still have to run fine. So it is pretty obvious to me that they COULD do more if necessary. I applaude Porsche to stick to their philosophy and remain the power output on a solid level - I could imagine they also did this with an eye on the transmission! I could imagine the tempation to bring it to Enzo power and performance numbers must have been tempting in Stuttgart!

I am not sure if this would be a sacrilege since tuning a 996 Turbo engine is developed by the very same passionate and superb engineers, isn't it?

On the other hand RC is definately right that most people (me included) should first learn to drive the CGT before starting any modifications (if any at all).

Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    ...I would be happy with a Carrera GT and 612 horses but anything over that is just retarded

No, it's not! It is well known, as said before, that the CGT engine is rather on the safe side in terms of reliability. If using this engine in the ALMS or at LeMans, what it was originally destined for, it would have to endure 24 hours at the very limit and would still have to run fine. So it is pretty obvious to me that they COULD do more if necessary. I applaude Porsche to stick to their philosophy and remain the power output on a solid level - I could imagine they also did this with an eye on the transmission! I could imagine the tempation to bring it to Enzo power and performance numbers must have been tempting in Stuttgart!

I am not sure if this would be a sacrilege since tuning a 996 Turbo engine is developed by the very same passionate and superb engineers, isn't it?

On the other hand RC is definately right that most people (me included) should first learn to drive the CGT before starting any modifications (if any at all).

I'm aware of the fact the engine could handle more then 612hp but people are having a hard time 612hp...imagine what people will do with 700-1000hp...this car is a beast...tame it first then ask for more.

Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:

I'm aware of the fact the engine could handle more then 612hp but people are having a hard time 612hp...imagine what people will do with 700-1000hp...this car is a beast...tame it first then ask for more.

i'd like more now please

Quote:
    ben, lj said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    Quote:
    Ferdie said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:

i'd like more now please

Rock on man...I think you deserve my screen name more then I do

I like ben's idea of getting rid of the cats, mostly for weight, but u could gain maybe up to 30 ponies by deleting them. thats not messing with perfection, thats messing with stupid government imposed crap regarding emissions. I really wonder what it would do to the sound tho, and sportec claims they can get u 740 HP....dunno...but it would be tempting hahaha, ben, u gonna go for it:)

Quote:
    bostonmini said:
    I like ben's idea of getting rid of the cats, mostly for weight, but u could gain maybe up to 30 ponies by deleting them. thats not messing with perfection, thats messing with stupid government imposed crap regarding emissions. I really wonder what it would do to the sound tho, and sportec claims they can get u 740 HP....dunno...but it would be tempting hahaha, ben, u gonna go for it:)

nah, i'm leaving it alone for now

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    764976 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    436955 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261263 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258118 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82715 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5331 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877262 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    809444 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM