Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Bugatti Chiron

Bugatti CEO drives new Chiron faster than a race car at Le Mans

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1104649_bugatti-ceo-drives-new-chiron-faster-than-a-race-car-at-le-mans

RC:

Thank you so much. kiss devil

Not a bad color but barely visible, so probably not a good choice.

Red is, like you said, too Ferrari-like.

Maybe some sort of pastel blueish color? 

I think Audi misses an opportunity here...

was gonna say it before i read your post. blue would be nice.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Bugatti considering 4 options for new model line, including Galibier sedan

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1065061_bugatti-considering-4-options-for-new-model-line-including-galibier-sedan

The Galibier sedan concept was gorgeous . And it would definitely broaden the scope of bugatti in terms of new costumers and getting more usage out of their cars. 

Actually Enmanuel, I just read an interview with Dürheimer and he is more or less confirming this. 

Lars997:

Actually Enmanuel, I just read an interview with Dürheimer and he is more or less confirming this. 

Fantastic ! I hope they keep it close to the concepts design, that was a work of art. 

I would be surprised if Dürheimer will get ANY funding for entirely new model ranges in the current situation... where even the parent company is contemplating which products to focus on. At least Bugatti is in the lucky situation to have completed the Chiron development. If they´d still be in the middle of the process I´d doubt they would come up with a final production cars in foreseeable future.

Unless they new models are rebadged/modified Bentleys.

That would be an interesting thought, to be honest. Still, there needs to be money available to develop such a car. On top of that, where do you position such a model in comparison to Bentley and Audi´s A8 as well as the Chiron?

I would be surprised if Bugatti is continuing any development in the current situation, maybe these are some concepts done by Bugatti under Dürheimer to show the brand´s potential.

Anyone heard any rumors about this?

https://youtu.be/tPe0fM_qPYg?t=3m50s

Why do Americans always have to yell lol

jamesdamanuk1:

Funny you mention that, only days ago I was explaining my wife 'Americans tend to yell', when moments later an American family took a table next to us on a very silent restaurant terrace in Portofino, minutes later all peace and quiet was indeed gone "oh my god, this is like the most beautiful place I've ever seen". Smiley

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

Porker:
    jamesdamanuk1:

Funny you mention that, only days ago I was explaining my wife 'Americans tend to yell', when moments later an American family took a table next to us on a very silent restaurant terrace in Portofino, minutes later all peace and quiet was indeed gone "oh my god, this is like the most beautiful place I've ever seen". Smiley

Funny, me and my family always discuss how uneducated Europeans are when they ignore lines (cashiers, amusement parks, museums, etc.), don't open doors for women or slide through (men) when women open doors and that our experience in the US is completely different (much more positive). Smiley

Americans yell? Have you ever been to Italy or Spain? Smiley Smiley Mostly Brits and Germans yelling. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    Porker:
    jamesdamanuk1:

Funny, me and my family always discuss how uneducated Europeans are when they ignore lines (cashiers, amusement parks, museums, etc.), don't open doors for women or slide through (men) when women open doors and that our experience in the US is completely different (much more positive). Smiley

Americans yell? Have you ever been to Italy or Spain? Smiley Smiley Mostly Brits and Germans yelling. Smiley

I suppose you're referring to Mallorca/Ibiza Brits and Germans in resorts? When I come across Brits or Germans in a regular restaurant (i.e. not in Disneyland or a huge resort) they're always very well mannered people imo. 

--

1992 Mercedes-Benz W124 500E / 2003 BMW M3 CSL (sold) / 2008 Porsche 911 GT3 RS / 2013 MINI John Cooper Works GP / 2014 BMW Alpina D3 biturbo Touring

Porker:
    RC:
    Porker:
    jamesdamanuk1:

I suppose you're referring to Mallorca/Ibiza Brits and Germans in resorts? When I come across Brits or Germans in a regular restaurant (i.e. not in Disneyland or a huge resort) they're always very well mannered people imo. 

Yes. Luxury resorts is a different story, I'm talking about "regular" people, not like me and you. Smiley Smiley

Americans are very enthusiastic, I actually love that. OK, maybe they shouldn't always react to a Disney Show as if NASA just sent up astronauts to Mars but... Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Just spent some days in London with my mother. She can't believe that people offered her a seat in the crowded subway/tube. Happend several times. In the end she wasn't afraid anymore to use the subway/tube at rushour.

And she didn't understand queing ...

Americans yell, the more alcohol they consume the worse it gets. We can never have a quiet diner anywhere in the US...

Truth is: The noise level in all restaurants is often very high but we have two kids, so...noise is not an issue for us anymore. Smiley Smiley

--

We have two kids too, noise is an issue. Everywhere...

SciFrog:

We have two kids too, noise is an issue. Everywhere...

We don't care anymore, we got used to it. One of our friends avoids any kind of amusement park, concert, similar stuff because he cannot stand noise. Usually his wife and the kids go alone because he can't stand noise (and people crowds). Funny though: He drives a Harley on weekends and a pretty loud one. Smiley Smiley

--

SciFrog:

Americans yell, the more alcohol they consume the worse it gets. We can never have a quiet diner anywhere in the US...

Shocker, and I only thought Canadians do that.Smiley

--

If you think americans are loud you should get some latin friends. I cringe every time im flying back to the DR and can hear the people being loud in the airport terminal from 3 gates away. I feel so embarrassed i just sit in a corner like a mouse and don't make a peep. 

Actually come to think of it, all are loud except the drunk Germans. They don't snore.

--

Whoopsy:
    SciFrog:

Shocker, and I only thought Canadians do that.Smiley

Only when they watch ice hockey... Smiley

--

Enmanuel:

If you think americans are loud you should get some latin friends. I cringe every time im flying back to the DR and can hear the people being loud in the airport terminal from 3 gates away. I feel so embarrassed i just sit in a corner like a mouse and don't make a peep. 

Oh yes...Miami airport (or any less luxurious Florida mall...)...great sounds. Smiley Smiley

--

Enmanuel:

I am from Latin culture, my wife is 75% Italian, we go all the time to Italy and travel all over the world and meet a lot of international people. The Americans are by far the worst.

Enmanuel:

I think you are being harsh on your countrymen/women. I am in DR right now on holiday ( about to leave though). We were in a longish queue for immigration when we came in and it was very civilized despite a lot of families etc with young kids.

The worst line in recent memory was in LAX at the main international terminal and the worst offenders were not Latin...

What's going on in here? I come to the Bugatti thread to read about either RC's R8 or the Chiron, not all this other stuff.

You come to the wrong thread, the directory outside says that to find RC's R8 stuff you have to go to the GT3 thread.

As for the Chiron, it's too new and it's not listed yet. 

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689786 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409353 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255807 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235028 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65556 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4649 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858119 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774198 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM