Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 992 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 992 Sport Classic

Whoopsy:
    Grant:
    Whoopsy:

It doesn't have a high hp rating simply because of the limitation on cooling and the manual gearbox. 

550hp with lots of torque should be more than enough for RWD and Manual Smiley

But if the cooling and gearbox are truly limited, it sounds like owners should resist the temptation to easily add more power with a tune.

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Porsche simply don’t have a manual box to handle the torque. 

Tuners will of course have their go at it. After all they don’t have to warranty the car for hundreds of thousands of miles.

Bring back the four speed. Used to be that the PDK was not able to handle the power. Good old days. 
    And how could it be the most powerful 911?  Just because they did not call it a turbo? So it’s the most powerful turbo pretending to not be a turbo while an electric turbo is roaming the streets as well.  Is turbo now just like some pronoun? Zero meaning attached

Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:
    Grant:
    Whoopsy:

It doesn't have a high hp rating simply because of the limitation on cooling and the manual gearbox. 

But if the cooling and gearbox are truly limited, it sounds like owners should resist the temptation to easily add more power with a tune.

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Tuners will of course have their go at it. After all they don’t have to warranty the car for hundreds of thousands of miles.

Bring back the four speed. Used to be that the PDK was not able to handle the power. Good old days. 
    And how could it be the most powerful 911?  Just because they did not call it a turbo? So it’s the most powerful turbo pretending to not be a turbo while an electric turbo is roaming the streets as well.  Is turbo now just like some pronoun? Zero meaning attached

Most powerful MANUAL 911.  You missed something important there.

How about why is the Model 3 called Model 3? Where is Model 1 and Model 2? Why is that Elon named it Model 3 and not Model 1? Is it because he is retarded and can't count numbers? Or why is Model S called Model S and not Model A? WH did Elon skipped so many alphabets? Is it because that way Elon can say it isn't a beta car? 

How about why is Full Self Driving can't self drive and needed supervision? Or Auto Pilot can't even pilot a normal highway without crashing into a firetruck?

This tit for tat game can go on for days. Smiley

--

waiting for PDK:

This is what the GTS should have been.

Kudos to Porsche though on its most ridiculous photoshop ever--on the decking next to the pool.

I was thinking exactly the same when seeing the pics for the first time. Who would design a house where the car is parked by the pool? Smiley

Ziggy:
    waiting for PDK:

This is what the GTS should have been.

Kudos to Porsche though on its most ridiculous photoshop ever--on the decking next to the pool.

I was thinking exactly the same when seeing the pics for the first time. Who would design a house where the car is parked by the pool? Smiley

If this can exist, why not on the pool-side Smiley

pic41.jpgCar-parked-inside-home-7.jpg

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

Porker:

If RWD, 550hp is true, that's a cool/unique offer in the line-up. 

It is true and yes, very cool combo, this car will sell well.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:
    Grant:
    Whoopsy:

--

How about why is the Model 3 called Model 3? Where is Model 1 and Model 2? Why is that Elon named it Model 3 and not Model 1? Is it because he is retarded and can't count numbers? Or why is Model S called Model S and not Model A? WH did Elon skipped so many alphabets? Is it because that way Elon can say it isn't a beta car? 

How about why is Full Self Driving can't self drive and needed supervision? Or Auto Pilot can't even pilot a normal highway without crashing into a firetruck?

Wasn’t the 997 911 GT2 RS a Manual RWD with 620 hp?

--

True. Then the most powerful NON-GT MANUAL 911 indecision

--

interesting that despite being twin-turbo it doesn't need to have the ventilation "holes" in the rear arches..

Model 3 because Ford would not allow Model e. The 3 is a backwards 3. All together they spell S3XY. I hope that clears things up.  That was quite an Elon rant. Wow.  Still rent free…

Leawood911:

Model 3 because Ford would not allow Model e. The 3 is a backwards 3. All together they spell S3XY. I hope that clears things up.  That was quite an Elon rant. Wow.  Still rent free…

for real? Smiley that is so lame, and ironically the last think I think of when I see a Tesla design Smiley

Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:

for real? Smiley that is so lame, and ironically the last think I think of when I see a Tesla design Smiley

I did not say it was not lame. It is downright juvenile.  I was simply explaining a bit of Tesla to Nick. And yes they are not sexy although 9.2 sec 1/4 mile is, in a way. 
    Mostly my point was that no matter how many words in his straw man argument Porsches use of the word Turbo can’t be defended. Regardless they are sexy. 
    Marketing does not seem to be a problem for Tesla even with lame lettering. Modern psychology teaches us that a slogan or association will form and stick regardless of how far fetched.  I can think of thousands of examples. Our politics and lifestyle are basically a result of this simple manipulation.  

and no - he did not name the cars to spell sexy. 
    S was clearly meant to compete with Mercedes S type cars the E was natural for an electric car but Ford had that reserved. The X came before the 3 anyway and clearly stands for crossover SUV. The Y  comes after X - maybe in the end it accidentally rounds out sexy if the 3 is turned around so Elon trolled us with that in good fun.  Some really don’t have an Elon sense of humor especially if he is occupying headspace rent free. 

Leawood911:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:

I did not say it was not lame. It is downright juvenile.  I was simply explaining a bit of Tesla to Nick. And yes they are not sexy although 9.2 sec 1/4 mile is, in a way. 
    Mostly my point was that no matter how many words in his straw man argument Porsches use of the word Turbo can’t be defended. Regardless they are sexy. 
    Marketing does not seem to be a problem for Tesla even with lame lettering. Modern psychology teaches us that a slogan or association will form and stick regardless of how far fetched.  I can think of thousands of examples. Our politics and lifestyle are basically a result of this simple manipulation.  

S was clearly meant to compete with Mercedes S type cars the E was natural for an electric car but Ford had that reserved. The X came before the 3 anyway and clearly stands for crossover SUV. The Y  comes after X - maybe in the end it accidentally rounds out sexy if the 3 is turned around so Elon trolled us with that in good fun.  Some really don’t have an Elon sense of humor especially if he is occupying headspace rent free. 

There it is... I wasn't blaming you for the lame mnemonic leawood, and you don't need to obsessively defend every single thing about Tesla and take it personally. Thanks for the part explaining the naming though Smiley

BTW Elon does have a sense of humor sometimes, just look at what he named his kids Smiley

Porsche-992-Sport-Classic - Revcounter.jpg

...where does this de-tuned 992 Turbo engine like to rev? Smiley

Boxster Coupe GTS:

Porsche-992-Sport-Classic - Revcounter.jpg

...where does this de-tuned 992 Turbo engine like to rev? Smiley

Same redline as Turbo (I think rev limiter happens at 7,200 rpm just like 73RS - another car with ducktail.  But that tach has similar graphics to a pre-ducktail 1960's 911).

--

Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:

There it is... I wasn't blaming you for the lame mnemonic leawood, and you don't need to obsessively defend every single thing about Tesla and take it personally. Thanks for the part explaining the naming though Smiley

BTW Elon does have a sense of humor sometimes, just look at what he named his kids Smiley

Your mind reading that I obsess over anything Tesla or Elon or take any of this personal is getting really old.  It seems to be your only input rather than substance.   It is a transparent attempt to somehow shame me into not expressing any opinions you don’t like. We all get that. And for your information I do take the BS mind reading personally and will always respond to such.

Cheers buddy!  
    PS I find negativity is something people obsess over far more than positivity. In the past we called a positive obsession a hobby or interest.  Now we pretend people saying nice things about stuff they like is a negative trait and people who , conversely, seek to demonize, divide or better yet pretend to be victimized constantly are to be followed and admired.  Crazy world, you can’t make it up.  
    I will continue to be perfectly happy and positive - ban me or marginalize me if it makes you feel better but I hope you see why I prefer my choices and why I am active on this board. 

Grant, did you help with the official photoshoot?  E0F26BDD-E91B-4EF4-964B-7C4204B9E420.gif

Porsche-992-Sport-Classic - Inspiration-1.jpg

...is a trip to the Cote d'Azur part of the European delivery package? Smiley 

Porsche-992-Sport-Classic - Inspiration-2.jpg

Smiley

Leawood911:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:

Your mind reading that I obsess over anything Tesla or Elon or take any of this personal is getting really old.  It seems to be your only input rather than substance.   It is a transparent attempt to somehow shame me into not expressing any opinions you don’t like. We all get that. And for your information I do take the BS mind reading personally and will always respond to such.

Cheers buddy!  
    PS I find negativity is something people obsess over far more than positivity. In the past we called a positive obsession a hobby or interest.  Now we pretend people saying nice things about stuff they like is a negative trait and people who , conversely, seek to demonize, divide or better yet pretend to be victimized constantly are to be followed and admired.  Crazy world, you can’t make it up.  
    I will continue to be perfectly happy and positive - ban me or marginalize me if it makes you feel better but I hope you see why I prefer my choices and why I am active on this board. 

What mind reading? I'm taking about your actions, not thoughts, it's impossible to talk anything that is not positive about Tesla without you being triggered and taking everything Tesla personally, being passive-aggressive or playing the victim, nobody can share an opinion on Tesla that is negative without immediately triggering you into a crusade, even something like just saying that the models spelling sexy was lame was enough to do it.

Nevermind buddy, S3XY is not lame at all, it's a great acronym, very imaginative and Musk has a great sense of humor... and Teslas are the sexiests cars around. Don't worry, all is right in the world again and we can stop taking about Tesla on the Sport Classic thread...

Grant:
    Whoopsy:
    Leawood911:
    Whoopsy:
    Grant:
    Whoopsy:

--

Wasn’t the 997 911 GT2 RS a Manual RWD with 620 hp?

You are quite correct sir! 997 GT2 was 530ps and the 997 GT2RS was 620ps. 

Not quite sure how that 'leaked' press release counts cars.

I believe the current 6-speed Porsche manual box can't really take much more than 500nm of torque. The 7-speed manual in the regular cars is like 550nm. That press release was missing the torque figure. 

--

Let‘s wait until tomorrow…l like the ducktail and would hope it finds its way into other models as well…

Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:
    Carlos from Spain:
    Leawood911:

Cheers buddy!  

What mind reading? I'm taking about your actions, not thoughts, it's impossible to talk anything that is not positive about Tesla without you being triggered and taking everything Tesla personally, being passive-aggressive or playing the victim, nobody can share an opinion on Tesla that is negative without immediately triggering you into a crusade, even something like just saying that the models spelling sexy was lame was enough to do it.

Nevermind buddy, S3XY is not lame at all, it's a great acronym, very imaginative and Musk has a great sense of humor... and Teslas are the sexiests cars around. Don't worry, all is right in the world again and we can stop taking about Tesla on the Sport Classic thread...

Lol. Yes sport classic. You thinking I take this personal is the mind reading part. My original comment had nothing to do with Tesla only with the Turbo name in the Porsche lineup. Whoopsy then went off on the Model 3 name after which I explained the background of the name.  Then I agreed it was lame and even went to say it was juvenile.  I hope that clears up all your confusion. 
    The price of this special edition is not in my range given so many other special cars at that price point. Certainly a more exotic car like RCs Lambo would be tons more special and an event to drive.  Each time I see one - couple of times around here daily - I imagine the blast RC has.  The Sport Classic with its little duck tail not so much. 

I don't really care leawood... it's a waste of time.

... and back to the topic, the video came out 30 min ago, not sold on the car when there is a Touring manual RWD with the GT3 NA engine available that I would rather have instead, but pretty cool video actually, I like it.

Too bad this isn’t a regular production model as it is what a 911 is about versus many of the current production variants. 

So the car will have 550ps and 600nm of torque to go with that, down from the 581ps 750nm rating of the regular turbo. 

So it's only lightly boosted, should have great throttle response. 

But sadly it is stuck with the regular 7-speed manual, not the 6-speed from the GT side of things.

--

This vid has some good information:

https://youtu.be/DlWv_hcJ0fg

--

Wow!! I am sold on the video - who cares about the car ?? The best ad/vid l have seen for years.kiss

550 PS and RWD is a good prospect for interesting driving but I think at €272.000 (€80.000 over the Turbo) it is overly expensive.

Most owners will not be driving these cars much but they will be expecting to gain from the car becoming collectible in the future.

Will there be a PDK option?

--

Carlos from Spain:

... and back to the topic, the video came out 30 min ago, not sold on the car when there is a Touring manual RWD with the GT3 NA engine available that I would rather have instead, but pretty cool video actually, I like it.

Somehow I found a 992 Touring much more suited to the spirit they're trying to capture in the advertising, but beautiful car nonetheless.

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

d997h:

Wow!! I am sold on the video - who cares about the car ?? The best ad/vid l have seen for years.kiss

thought the same ! 

reginos:

550 PS and RWD is a good prospect for interesting driving but I think at €272.000 (€80.000 over the Turbo) it is overly expensive.

Most owners will not be driving these cars much but they will be expecting to gain from the car becoming collectible in the future.

Will there be a PDK option?

It is sad news, but for the 1.250 owners, it will not matter... Smiley (I am still on the Carrera "T" topic: just imagine a base Carrera in a light blue or grey color with pepita interior and a ducktail - and just 385 PS...) ... Smiley

Porker:
    Carlos from Spain:

Somehow I found a 992 Touring much more suited to the spirit they're trying to capture in the advertising, but beautiful car nonetheless.

My thoughts as well

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689513 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409199 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255721 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234975 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65522 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4645 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857947 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773998 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM