Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: A very interest article in Golf Connosieur regarding Porsche

I have plenty to write in rebuttal to Ben's comments. However I will spare him and the rest of you my thoughts.

Regarding my comment involving Ferrari, I do not deny I have defended Ferrari once I was attacked because of my ownership. I have reported what magazines have written about Ferrari on the Ferrari thread. But you will not find any where me initiating a thread rubbing your Porsche nose's about Ferrari as a car compared to Porsche.

Your mistaken perception is as a result of your inability to defend what Porsche has done to you all (bend over and grab your ankles). God I only wish I had clients like you.

Re: A very interest article in Golf Connosieur regarding Por

"denial"...

Man it just wouldn't be rennteam if we didn't have a bunch of people get sucked into one of nick's provocative posts and then go back and forth in a never ending flame war!

I wonder what the "topic" will be next month...maybe Porsche vs Ferrari? The suspense is killing me!

Surely you guys recognize one of nick's "quicksand deathtrap" posts when he puts them up by now? Now matter how ludicrous they are people always seem to fall for them. I just can't understand it.

mcdelaug

Quote:
    mcdelaug said:
    Man it just wouldn't be rennteam if we didn't have a bunch of people get sucked into one of nick's provocative posts and then go back and forth in a never ending flame war!

I wonder what the "topic" will be next month...maybe Porsche vs Ferrari? The suspense is killing me!

Surely you guys recognize one of nick's "quicksand deathtrap" posts when he puts them up by now? Now matter how ludicrous they are people always seem to fall for them. I just can't understand it.

mcdelaug

When I posted this thread it was meant to be a positive post. I was reporting on an article which would be of interest to every Porsche owner. It has some great pictures and worth the read.

Yet, every time I post, most of you get your backs up and see gremlins in what I write. As a result you all chose to view the entire post negatively. Your approach to reading my post is the same as when you make a car buying decision. Porsche; Porsche nothing will dissuade me from buying one not even facts.

Just spent 10 minutes finding Nberry quotes.
    Let's just say you wont get the "employee of the month award" from Porsche

ANTI-PORSCHE (company or owners) or promoting Ferrari

It would be my pick(it really is a fabulous car) but for its plummeting new and resale value. I just saw a NEW CGT advertised for $400,000 in Autoweek.
    It reminds me of the stockmarket.

::::::::::

James, Ford depreciate just like Porsche's but not as much. However I do like your Google strategy.

::::::::::::

I suppose I could tone down my anti-Porsche rhetoric but then what would the poster's do? Defending what you buy is bonding with what you bought.

:::::::::::

The track exclusion is an insult to every Porsche owner. It forces the owner to lie.

What I cannot believe is that I have to defend my position which is to your benefit.! MY GOD, no matter how much you love Porsche at least look out for your own interest and get what you paid for.

::::::::::::

I am flabbergasted that owners would defend Porsche to the detriment of their self interest. To buy a sport car which is designed for track events and not want/insist on getting an answer from the car manufacturer as to whether they extend the warranty coverage to these events is beyond my comprehension. "Lemming's over the cliff."

::::::::::

Finally, if I want a sanely exciting ride which gives GT and racing driving experience and holds its value, the Ferrari 430 is perfect.

:::::::

BTW, the British pro Porsche magazine had another article which was headlined "Why The AM V8 Vantage Will Pulverise Porsche".

Take this to the bank. The rear engine concept was good while it lasted. Porsche is going to dump it despite howls from some of its enthusiast who are stuck in a time warp.

:::::

I have no doubt the 997 TT will perform at least on par with the 430. But with AWD and an engine hanging over its rear axle it will be a boring car to drive just as the 996 TT was.

:::::

Here is a comment from Motor Trend magazine regarding the 911 Cab.

"The Boxster S has been heavily revised for 2005 effectively making the 911 Cab.an expensive redundancy."

I am inclined to agree but for the backseat in the 911 though barely useable.

The reality is you buy Porsche because it gives you performance and in your and others view BLING! .

You can tell yourself like others do that bling does not matter but you buy Porsche because it is a Porsche and there is a BLING BLING to it.

Why do you all deny what is plain on your face and people that know you? I read how Europeans find it vulgar in a business setting for someone to be driving a Porsche and how you owners are sensitive to the problem. Now why would Europeans think that way? Because it is a performance car or is it BLING BLING?

Stop fooling yourself and fess up. "I bought a Porsche because all my life I wanted one and once I began successful enough I fulfilled my dream BLING BLING .

::::::

If it isn't a joke then it only confirms what I have believed about Porsche. A money grabbing company.

The base 997 should have had the S power and the S should have the powerkit power. Instead, they make you pay through the nose for what you should have had. What is distressing about all this is they get away with it! Many S owners will fork out the extra money and line Porsches' pockets.

Those that do will soon learn they will not get one dime back on their powerkit cost.

If this rumor is true, Porsche thank you for not letting me down.

BTW your dealing with a mass producer of automobiles. Delays and poor workmanship are the norm. Accept it.

:::

(Quoting an article, posted it on the Porsche board)
    Believe me I have had my ups and downs in life ( including losing more than 1.2 Mio US in a week in 1998) but this is really the best 200K I have EVER spent and now I know why Porsche makes 1.3 BN USD a year and Ferrari is strugging to breakeven....as they give you more.

PRO-PORSCHE (company or owners)

"Porsche is reputed to be the premier sport car for performance driving and most people buy Porsche's for performance."

Quote:
    mcdelaug said:

Why keep answering Nick? its too much fun not to, many have tried not to, but always fail

Teasing, jocking, etc. yes, but no "flamming" here mcdelaug, you got the wrong forum...

In french, we have a saying: Qui aime bien chatie bien.
    The one who loves, punishes.
    We all love Nick , without him, Rennteam would not be as funny.
    In french, we have a word: Bouffon du roi.
    I think in english, it's jester, you know, the guys with the funny hat with all the bells on it at the royal court!
    Rc is king, Carlos is prime minister and Nberry is always around to amuse the crowd.

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    I think in english, it's jester, you know, the guys with the funny hat with all the bells on it at the royal court!
    Rc is king, Carlos is prime minister and Nberry is always around to amuse the crowd.

And above them all reigns the Guru de la Pimp: Dic Poddy Dip Dippy Dup Pip Diddy!
    Who's cleaning up the turds and taking out the trash?
    Somebody's gotta clean up...

Quote:
    Fanch said:

I am not sure but I think I was just insulted.

Dr. Phil most those post were in response to a post. The only one which I admit is somewhat suspect is the one where the individual switch to Ferrari from Porsche. That should have been filed under Ferrari thread.

BTW after reviewing some of those comments I have concluded I am damn good!

hmmmm my post was deleted

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:

I am not sure but I think I was just insulted.

Dr. Phil most those post were in response to a post. The only one which I admit is somewhat suspect is the one where the individual switch to Ferrari from Porsche. That should have been filed under Ferrari thread.

BTW after reviewing some of those comments I have concluded I am damn good!

Didn't meant to insul at all Nick, if that's the case, sincere apologies man.
    What I meant is that I actually enjoy your posts for your rethoric qualities and your abilities to always find something new to say.
    Everytime in see a post from you, I'm thinking, Oh! another post from Nick, what has he written this time.
    Maybe it's not what you wish, but I really read your posts with a pinch of salt and never take them seriously, keep it up!

Yes Nick, your posts about Porsches have always been to merely provide...information!

We never guessed you intended any editorial comment at all!
    Really, we must have read more into your remarks than you intended.

Actually, every last one of us here is merely mocking you for not having bought a real Ferrari with 12 cylinders, a manual gearbox and a huge steering wheel.

We all sincerely apologize for affronting your dignity, kinda...

Alas, we do deviate from your implied politically correct
    belief that all Porsches are rapo jobs, not any fun to drive and lack performance commensurate to their price.

We all know that you have been trying to invoke some sort of trendy Modena metrocar man thinking by insisting that tiny v8 engines coupled to tiny automatic transmissions make for a better world, especially if they are produced in tiny quantities and sold to a tiny few of self annointed sheet metal gourmands. Your Ferrari posturing is almost Amway cult like like, but its fun to read. I just wish your clients were on the distribution list for this forum and topic.

So, please excuse us if we all dont wrap Ferrari tennis sweaters around our shoulders and dance at Studio 54 between chanting the financial joys of Ferrari ownership.

As for Ferrari's "rareness" they should be. The f430 is a vulgar looking piece of work with air inlets suitable for
    liposucting the fat off of cruise ship diners.

Bon Apetit !

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    We all know that you have been trying to invoke some sort of trendy Modena metrocar man thinking by insisting that tiny v8 engines coupled to tiny automatic transmissions make for a better world, especially if they are produced in tiny quanties and sold to a tiny few of self annointed sheet metal gourmands. Your Ferrari posturing is almost Amway cult like like, but its fun to read. I just wish your clients were on the distribution list for this forum and topic.

So, please excuse us if we all dont wrap Ferrari tennis sweaters around our shoulders and dance at Studio 54 between chanting the financial joys of Ferrari ownership.

As for Ferrari's "rareness" they should be. The f430 is a vulgar looking piece of work with air inlets suitable for

Bon Apetit !

Jim,

With all due repect, I don't think there is a more metrosexual automobile than a 911. Every 911 I see in the bay area has a middle aged metrosexual behind the wheel. I know this for a fact, because, I can spot the Grecian Formula from a good distance. They're probably headed to a John Kerry fundraiser i.e a botox party.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Yes Nick, your posts about Porsches have always been to merely provide...information!

We never guessed you intended any editorial comment at all!
    Really, we must have read more into your remarks than you intended.

Actually, every last one of us here is merely mocking you for not having bought a real Ferrari with 12 cylinders, a manual gearbox and a huge steering wheel.

We all sincerely apologize for affronting your dignity, kinda...

Alas, we do deviate from your implied politically correct
    belief that all Porsches are rapo jobs, not any fun to drive and lack performance commensurate to their price.

We all know that you have been trying to invoke some sort of trendy Modena metrocar man thinking by insisting that tiny v8 engines coupled to tiny automatic transmissions make for a better world, especially if they are produced in tiny quantities and sold to a tiny few of self annointed sheet metal gourmands. Your Ferrari posturing is almost Amway cult like like, but its fun to read. I just wish your clients were on the distribution list for this forum and topic.

Bon Apetit !

Right on, doooode!

Nick is so biased it's fun.
    It's kinda like talking to people who try to convince you that Adam and Eve DID in fact exist and that the Earth is flat.
    He's like the Rennteam version of a Terminator model T100 (the old model that can only execute commands, not process input).... Just like Michael Biehn playing Reese is saying:
    "Listen. Understand. That TermiNick is out there. It can't be reasoned with, it can't be bargained with...it doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear...and it absolutely will not stop. Ever. Until you understand that Ferrari is superior to ANY other car brand!"

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    We all know that you have been trying to invoke some sort of trendy Modena metrocar man thinking by insisting that tiny v8 engines coupled to tiny automatic transmissions make for a better world, especially if they are produced in tiny quanties and sold to a tiny few of self annointed sheet metal gourmands. Your Ferrari posturing is almost Amway cult like like, but its fun to read. I just wish your clients were on the distribution list for this forum and topic.

Bon Apetit !

Jim,

With all due repect, I don't think there is a more metrosexual automobile than a 911. Every 911 I see in the bay area has a middle aged metrosexual behind the wheel. I know this for a fact, because, I can spot the Grecian Formula from a good distance. They're probably headed to a John Kerry fundraiser i.e a botox party.

Maybe you have point there. With the advent of the 996 and its smaller front trunk, Porsche made it nearly impossible to fit a dissasembled Browning M2 .50 cal into the front trunk, so Im sure that their sales to Class 3 collectors dropped off substantially then and their disireability to
    metrosexuals increased.

Actually, you do see a lot of over the hill geezers with bad dye jobs in 911's. But that still cant match the chichi
    driven rainbow bestickered 360's that you see in SF.

The 911 may hold the title for iconic cliche midlife crisis car. You also see a lot of used ones being sold due to impending marriage and a lot sold to people who have just got a divorce.

Maybe Nick can enlighten us on this tawdry aspect of Porsche ownership??

This guy Nick is a nut case of the worst kind. He is clearly a frustrated Porsche-something (substitute lover, hater for "something"). How can an F-car owner spend so much time in Forums where he does not belong? I long concluded that he has all the time in his hands and must do little to earn his living - there are lots like him out there - to justify the 80/20 rule.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    liposucting the fat off cruise ship diners.

Bon Apetit !

Quote:
    svtrader1 said:
    They're probably headed to a John Kerry fundraiser i.e a botox party.

Who's John Kerry?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    774290 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    440011 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261906 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260197 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    84764 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5442 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

879137 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    813876 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM