Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Porsche Sport Exhaust "loudness" modification - solution

What's the difference, functionally, between RC's fix and the one shown here on:

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/showthread.php?t=221800

I re-connected the hose 2 weeks ago to only activate PSE when on sport. When the car was brand new I liked having it on all the time. Now it's kinda interesting to change it up a little. It's a cool feeling going from standard to the more aggressive throttle mapping, suspension and PSE sound. Ahhhh, so that's what Porsche was thinking.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    What's the difference, functionally, between RC's fix and the one shown here on:

Good question, has anyone tried this?

Ok, I tried it myself. No difference between this mod and RC's mod. PSE is always on

Do I need to hack the damn DME to get rid of the cut-off?

How about THIS mod????

Quote:
    AeroSmith said:
    How about THIS mod????

I think this was valid for the 996, not on the 997!

Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Quote:
    AeroSmith said:
    How about THIS mod????

I think this was valid for the 996, not on the 997!

Indeed, does not seem to apply to the 997. But if anyone wants to go ahead and mess with the electronics... please let me know the outcome

Re: PSE "loudness" modification - solution

could someone please tell me which hose to pull out on a base 997 for the pse mod?

This is the engine hose organization in the the engine compartment.

RC please help , i cant stand this sissy cut-out anymore!!

another view of the engine

Dilinger, it should be the hose on the left in your diagram. Make sure you plug the end of that hose because that is a vacuum hose.

Alternatively, although I have not tried it, you can try the solution in the below link (look at post #5):

Dilinger, looks to me likes its the same thing as the 997S (as should be) only that in your case the connector was placed horizontally, instead of vertical like in ours.

So this should be the plug, take a look at were I added the arrows onto your car's engine photo, and bellow with reenteam's logo is RC's engine and PSE switch, so you can compare.

Carlos, what do you think of the alternate solution shown in my previous reply. Isn't that an easier and cleaner solution as it doesn't involve plugging the vacuum hose with tape? I have not tried it yet. Anybody know what the difference is?

So Cal Alan thanx for the help, BUT i think this should not be disconnected totally, it may cause problems, this is the mode you are refering

and after

Carls, thanx but i think the base model has an additional 3rd hose in that section. Moreover, should i put tapo on the hose after i remove it ? or leave it as it is?

I tried yesterday night to unplug that hose but seemed to be tight. Shall use more force to unplug it?

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Carlos, what do you think of the alternate solution shown in my previous reply. Isn't that an easier and cleaner solution as it doesn't involve plugging the vacuum hose with tape? I have not tried it yet. Anybody know what the difference is?

I don't know what the difference is so I did not venture into unplugging the whole thing like in that solution just in case, I'd rather just unplug the simple vacuum hose intead of the whole thing since I don't know what effect it may have

Quote:
    Dilinger said:
    Carls, thanx but i think the base model has an additional 3rd hose in that section. Moreover, should i put tapo on the hose after i remove it ? or leave it as it is?

I tried yesterday night to unplug that hose but seemed to be tight. Shall use more force to unplug it?

Yes you seem to have a bifurcation into two hoses but its not in the hose that you have to unplug. The one that needs to be unplugged seems to be exactly the same.

It does require a little force, and after its out you will hear the sound of air moving from the vacuum effect, its normal. But you should tape both ends so that it doesn't collect any particles from the engine bay.

guys, i don't think it matters which hose you remove. one comes from the vacuum pump and one goes to the silencers. unplugging either would probably have the same effect. i found the sound less "loud" when removing the electrical controller instead of the vacuum hose. but i don't like any of the solutions. seeing my dealer tomorrow and will check if there is no better way to do this which includes the sport button somehow.

i did it thanx Carlos. Although i had to use a small screwdriver to detach the hose. Its very tight there in the base model.

There is a difference. noticeable in all revs range

...talked with the tech/service guys at my dealer and apparently there is a way to do it: Sport button to activate/deactivate PSE, but without cut-off. It is not legal of course, but who cares

Got another appointment to get this done. Does not seem to be a DIY solution.

Quote:
    bluelines said:
    ...talked with the tech/service guys at my dealer and apparently there is a way to do it: Sport button to activate/deactivate PSE, but without cut-off. It is not legal of course, but who cares

Please give us an update when you can. Thanks for your dilligence.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    Dilinger said:
    CUT
    It does require a little force, and after its out you will hear the sound of air moving from the vacuum effect, its normal. But you should tape both ends so that it doesn't collect any particles from the engine bay.

Now, I've been reading this thread, but there's one question that keeps pounding in my head:
    When I tape the ends of the hose as well as the connectors, which at least one of them is connected to a vacuum pump, doesn't this kinda reduce the effect or even have an effect on the vacuum pump?

Thanks in advance,

Getaway

FOR SURE THERE IS A PURPOSE THIS HOSE WAS THERE BEFORE THE PSE INSTALLATION.

But who knows what this purpose is?

Quote:
    Dilinger said:
    So Cal Alan thanx for the help, BUT i think this should not be disconnected totally, it may cause problems, this is the mode you are refering

Hi,

what kind of probs do you mean? i mean this connector just controls the electrical switch...so whats the matter there?
    I'm currently trying this mod. seams to work fine (so far).
    may be you have further information, which could be interessting?

regards and thx for your reply in advance !

no further info. RC should know if something bad can be cauzed. My PSE seems to sound better and better!!!

Quote:
    bluelines said:

Bluelines...Have you done it? Can you tell us how it works?

hey dilinger which dealer do you visit in athens?
    do you know anybody in athens that can remove the pse cutoff (using a switch)?
    what about the seatbelt beeper?
    thanks in advance

Indeed, the mod is done and it works like a treat. Got a separate button under the dashboard which handles the switch to PSE without cut off. Sport button works as before. I like it

Quote:
    bluelines said:
    Indeed, the mod is done and it works like a treat. Got a separate button under the dashboard which handles the switch to PSE without cut off. Sport button works as before. I like it

Can you tell me what that new button does exactly? Does it cut off the vacuum pipe? If I understand correctly, you press the new button and get the nice sound all the time...and when you switch it off, sport button works like it's supposed to ?
    I was at the P garage today and spoke with one of the mechanic about this....he didn't know exactly what to do and started with the legal issues...
    I would like to tell them to contact your garage if needed ( i guess your is an AMAG too ? )

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM