Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Video Clip Sports Exhaust on/off

WOW I loved the sound of that Sports Exhaust...

sounds like the Porsche is growling at you!

I like

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Seven said:
    Finally the video clips are ready!

PSE Tunnel

PSE Standstill

ENJOY!

Thanks Seven,
    Very nice videos!
    It confirms what I thought when I saw the fist PSE vid posted a few days ago.
    It really sounds like the 996 one, and that's honestly the best compliment you can give it.
    Maybe a bit more raspy and bassy, but again, very difficult to judge from a vid.
    Yours sounds just like mine when I had it installed, you'll see, after over 40000 km of hard revving, it just sings and sings and sings and begs for more!!!

Well now I now why the sport exhaust is not standard. The sound is an acquired taste. To my ears, it sounds like a souped up ricer farting going down the road. Better off staying with the standard exhaust.

Youve got to be kidding, the sport exhaust doesnt sound like a ricer... what are you smoking???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just checked the forum and Seven's video clip links are not working, I get this message:

- Homepage nicht erreichbar -

Leistungsumfang überschritten, siehe:
    http://home.arcor.de/error/.suspend.html

Help please!

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Well now I now why the sport exhaust is not standard. The sound is an acquired taste. To my ears, it sounds like a souped up ricer farting going down the road. Better off staying with the standard exhaust.

... its like hearing the typical "dude" teenager talking about how boring classical music is, but in that case you tell them, don't worry you will be able to appreciate it and understand it when you grow up, mature and become more cultivated... but in your case Nick, I'm afraid its too late for you if you are not capable of percieving what 911 fans have these 40 years then too bad, your loss...

Carlos, I hope you are sensible enough NOT to add to on your new 997S. This is not a knock against Seven or anyone else who bought the PSE. How would they have known it sounds the way it does?

From what I can determine, at higher speeds the sound mellows out and begins, albeit slightly, to sound like a high performance car. At lower speeds, the sound is anemic and pathetic. Again to my ears, the stock exhaust, what little there is of that, sounds much better.

To your ears?!? Listening only to computer speakers you actually stand by your opinion? Did you buy your big screen TV based on the small picture you saw in a brochure or on the internet?

Brrrrrnnnnnnngggg

"hello?"

"Yes, are you the current happily married husband of my ex-girlfriend?"

"yes"

"Can I have your ear for the next 6 months to tell you how wrong you are to be with this woman? I know you think it's the best sex of your life and she cleans up after you and never complains BUT do you see that small freckle on the back of her thigh? Well that's not all, she farts in her sleep. HOW CAN YOU STAND TO BE WITH THIS WOMAN? What you really want is to hit on my wife Shirley. Of course there's only 1 of her but that's what makes her the best. I mean THAT and the fact that Shirley's MY wife. Of course if I get a divorce and get remarried, then Shirley will be yesterday's news and the best wife will be the one that I hook up with."

Give it a rest.

If you want passion, get a WOMAN. If you want people to think you're a jerk and a lighter wallet come service time, get a FERRARI!!

Quote:
    Danny G said:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I just checked the forum and Seven's video clip links are not working, I get this message:

Help please!

Damn. I thought I could come home from work, crack open an ice cold beer and listen to Seven's video premier. Could you try posting the files again? Thanks.

bwahahahaha...

nice one

I've prayed for a Porsche Original Exaust, switchable, with a cool look and with a sporty-sound "like a F430" (or at least like my F360!) but as i can hear from this video they've done a ridicuolus pipes exaust (why dont' do asimple 4 equal tubes exaust? Why try to invent something new getting ridiculous?) with a "Farty" sound...

Waiting to hear it LIVE (in the hope to change my opinion!) At today I still prefer the FABULOUS CARGRAPHIC EXAUST of SERGINI...and my choice will come early...

For those who have the PSE fitted - does the sound on the video match real life expectations ?

Also, if the exhaust is switched off, is the the same as the original exhaust ?

In the video I can hear the difference between switched ON and OFF...but the problem is...it seems it sound less than the 996 PSE and less than a Cargraphic!!!

Quote:
    Danny G said:

Help please!

You bastards, you have used up all of Sevens bandwidth Now we can't download the video anymore

Please post the videos again Seven!

Quote:
    dambox said:
    For those who have the PSE fitted - does the sound on the video match real life expectations ?

Also, if the exhaust is switched off, is the the same as the original exhaust ?

All I can compare it to so far is the 996 PSE and the latter (well, at least mine) sound much much louder.
    But firstly, it opens up with mileage and secondly, a video does not give the real impression of course.

I'm sorry that the whole bandwith has already been used. I may try brunner's solution earliest tomorrow Wednesday.

Has anybody of you downloaded the files and is able to post it again?

By the way I'm a little bit surprised that not anybody is thrilled and likes the sound? For me it's just terrific and a absolut must-have! Maybe that the sound quality of the clip is too far away from the real thing. Listen it in real before deciding against it.

Sorry Seven...I think onestly your sound is AMAZING if compared with the standards....but also considering it's only a CLIP...the sound of aftermarket products sounds better, not considering of the competitors (FERRARI for all!) that is best! I think that Porsche is losing her way year by year...

Quote:
    Seven said:
    I'm sorry that the whole bandwith has already been used. I may try brunner's solution earliest tomorrow Wednesday.

Has anybody of you downloaded the files and is able to post it again?

By the way I'm a little bit surprised that not anybody is thrilled and likes the sound? For me it's just terrific and a absolut must-have! Maybe that the sound quality of the clip is too far away from the real thing. Listen it in real before deciding against it.

Seven,
    Please don't be offended, I love the sound of your PSE!

Just not as loud as mine, but I'll put that down to the video since on the other video, posted by Beltar I think, the 997 PSE sounds awesome!
    I think once your car (but mostly exhaust of course) is broken in, it will sing 110%!

Any update on the DME mods your mechanics did?
    I still cannot believe that the 50 to 80 kmh disappeared by itself just like that!

Quote:
    temm said:You bastards, you have used up all of Sevens bandwidth
    Now we can't download the video anymore

Please post the videos again Seven!

Quote:
    cartouche said:
    I don't like the "gargouillis" (Sorry I can't translate) of the PSE. It sounds like a vulgar V8. Glad to not have choosen this option.

It doesn't even come close to a V8, I don't know how you can say that. My Cayenne Turbo sounds completely different and it has a sport exhaust too.

i did but this is not sevens video its from one friend of Beltar and is a great video!

OK, we're speaking about the noise of a little video clip,
    let's wait to hear "in live" the real sound to fix our opinion.
    Peace on earth for men of good will

nooooooooooo! i missed it too!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    nooooooooooo! i missed it too!

Me too, but listen also to this one... gemballa sportsexhaust
    after downloading or opening you can click on the 3 buttons in the frame to hear: resp. start, pushing, and driving by noise

Is anyone planning to re-post it? C'mon guys...

Can one of the rennteam moderators repost on the rennteam server? I'm sure at least one of you has a copy.

If your mailbox can handle files of that size (18.122 KB) I can send it to you directly. Maybe someone can put it on a server.

Quote:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Can one of the rennteam moderators repost on the rennteam server? I'm sure at least one of you has a copy.

Seven said:
    If your mailbox can handle files of that size (18.122 KB) I can send it to you directly. Maybe someone can put it on a server.

I think the easiest would be what SoCal Alan said earlier, *begs moderators to repost it *

Okay! Next try. I put the 2 clips on another homepage. I'm sorry the traffic is limited again. So first come first serve.

997 Cab S in the Tunnel

997 Cab S standstill

Enjoy!!

it downloads, but the files are only 9kb big each?!?! and the don't play

RC put it online for me just some minutes ago. So better use these links:

997 Cab S Tunnel

997 Cab S Standstill

Thank you, RC !!
    What would we do without you??

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Seven and RC!!

these links dont work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
    grant.uk said:
    these links dont work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Checked them out and they work OK for me. Right mouse button click and select "save as" and should work

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690423 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409712 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255936 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235237 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65641 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4657 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858373 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774634 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM