Forum - Thread

Re: Wandered to the dark side

sorry for your experience...

intouch1:

sorry for your experience...

Let's be clear, it's the 1stest of the 1st world problems. Smiley

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Contact a local attorney and allow him to provide you with legal options. Your State or local bar can give you names of attorneys  that specialize in this area. Be aware that Ferrari is very protective of their Brand and will not concede easily. 

--

The purpose of life is to enjoy the moment.

nberry:

Contact a local attorney and allow him to provide you with legal options. Your State or local bar can give you names of attorneys  that specialize in this area. Be aware that Ferrari is very protective of their Brand and will not concede easily. 

I am surprised at this suggestion…

Cheers

maybe post the issue on some car forum and gain popular support for a Ferrari boycott. Include Italian wine and pasta. 

Seriously, if Frank believes he's been wronged by Ferrari, his best bet is to pay  an attorney for a hour of his time to determine if he has a case.kiss

--

So now after changing the engine because the engine management light kept on appearing after a few kilometers. The engine management light appeared after a few kilometers. Which is now due to the OPF, apparently, so that needs changing. 

Honestly... Phenomenal car, but they can have it back.

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2018 Mercedes-AMG E63 S / 2020 Ferrari 812SF

Porker:

So now after changing the engine because the engine management light kept on appearing after a few kilometers. The engine management light appeared after a few kilometers. Which is now due to the OPF, apparently, so that needs changing. 

So sorry to hear that... Smiley

Stupid question: Maybe the car and tech are OK but the dealer (workshop) isn't? Smiley Smiley

Can't they bring the car to Maranello and make sure you get it back in 100% working condition?!

Also, doesn't Ferrari have some sorts of "traveling engineer" who comes to dealers and checks on specific issues the dealerships can't solve?! Every car manufacturer has such an expert.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

Frank that's very irritating and unacceptable, can you demand a new one???

RC:
    Porker:

So sorry to hear that... Smiley

Stupid question: Maybe the car and tech are OK but the dealer (workshop) isn't? Smiley Smiley

Can't they bring the car to Maranello and make sure you get it back in 100% working condition?!

Also, doesn't Ferrari have some sorts of "traveling engineer" who comes to dealers and checks on specific issues the dealerships can't solve?! Every car manufacturer has such an expert.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)

It's the 3rd dealership working on it so that would exclude that, imo.

--

Oh boy...so sorry, this sucks. Smiley Smiley

--

Quit procrastinating. Consult with an attorney to determine your rights. At this point, the less you say to Ferrari and its dealers the better.

--

nberry:

Quit procrastinating. Consult with an attorney to determine your rights. At this point, the less you say to Ferrari and its dealers the better.

Nick, we live in Europe. I understand why Frank hasn't taken a lawyer yet but maybe it is time now, I don't know.

--

Sooo... the car came back home with its new heart and without engine management lights.

IMG_7423.jpg

Took it immediately on a 1000km work trip, passed by Gnil on the way for a pleasant catch up, and of course the engine light came back on.  So this is the end of it, dropped the car back at the dealer in Geneva and awaiting their proposal. Had wonderful times with the car, but equally frustrating ones, and it underlines my love for Weissach rather than Modena. Onwards!

IMG_7499.jpg

--

Any idea what the fault could be?

--

997.2 4S / BMW 745e / Donkervoort GT 

Again? how is that possible heart... surely must be a software glitch then... is this a common thing in this model?

spudgun:

Any idea what the fault could be?

I really don’t, there’s no tangible difference when it lights up or not. It really could be just the warning light itself as anything that potentially caused it before has already been changed.

--

Carlos from Spain:

… is this a common thing in this model?

Some say, it‘s a common thing with Ferrari. Smiley

I‘m feeling sorry for Frank, this is so annoying. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

The real question is:  does the engine light mean anything?  Many US cars we drive them for 1000's of miles w engine lights on.

I realize Frank it's unacceptable in a SF, but wonder what the warning light really means

watt:

The real question is:  does the engine light mean anything?  Many US cars we drive them for 1000's of miles w engine lights on.

I realize Frank it's unacceptable in a SF, but wonder what the warning light really means

Pretend you don’t see it - sooner or later you will know why it turned on. 
    I was going to say that it is obviously due to your driving but that is just me being silly.  Sorry to hear of the trouble but it is time to call it a day. 

I hope you get a good deal out of this. Seems like F cars are in high demand these days…

--

997.2 4S / BMW 745e / Donkervoort GT 

watt:

Well I guess it doesn't is it seems independent of which engine it fitted. That said it did point them to the excessive oil use of the first engine, which in turn left the exhaust system with lots of oil residue which then excessively heated the OPF's apparently. So something wasn't right, but it's bizarre at least that it still pops up with everything related changed.

The main thing is indeed, you shouldn't have to accept that in a 400k car. It should just be perfect.

--

totally agree with Frank for this price and the fact it is  the V12 engine the car should be perfect.  whats comes to my mind is the fuel and  air pressure mix perhaps ECU computer is off its perimeters and MAF or CAT sensors are throwing cell light on. 

Frank, thanks for showing me the light so close indecision  Your 812 was gorgeous. Looking forward to your next catch !

watt:

Good point. However, speaking for myself I could never feel comfortable driving the car with the light on regardless if it were a $40,000 or a $400,000 car. Smiley

--

Rossi:
    Carlos from Spain:

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

I guess not many have been driven as far and as hard as @ Porker's. I am guessing by now the Swiss Ferrari organisation is involved as well as the dealer as the car is presumably still under warranty.

crayphile:
    Rossi:
    Carlos from Spain:

--

I guess not many have been driven as far and as hard as @ Porker's. I am guessing by now the Swiss Ferrari organisation is involved as well as the dealer as the car is presumably still under warranty.

I wouldn't say it's a 'thing' with Ferrari, my colleague had a Lusso before and that performed faultlessy (except for the battery that drained within days) for the 50k km he had it. It's just an unlucky build I assume. A Monday-morning or Friday-afternoon car. Smiley

--

Porker:
    crayphile:

I wouldn't say it's a 'thing' with Ferrari, my colleague had a Lusso before and that performed faultlessy (except for the battery that drained within days) for the 50k km he had it. It's just an unlucky build I assume. A Monday-morning or Friday-afternoon car. Smiley

Did you have any other issues with it, apart from the excessive oil consumption and CEL? I was initially surprised that they changed the engine for the latter, how much oil did it use actually?

Either there are some faulty components left over, such as the O2-sensor or catalytic converters, or there is an entirely different issue that is unrelated to the oil consumption. After all, great move to exchange the entire engine. At least it looks as if they tried to solve the problem.

Sorry to hear your problems continue Frank. I've just been reaquainted with the joys of running modern Ferraris myself. I sent my Roma off for it's first service and they carried out a software campaign on it without advising me of what would be changed as a result. The car has come back without the modern display functionality that it was heavily sold with as it appears the Italians are incapable of resolving slow running software so just resort to switch off functionality instead. I kid you not as this is the official communique from the factory -

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 12.40.07.png

Anyone who has paid the significant charge for the passenger display option is surely going to be angry. I didn't bother with that option and my system ran fine without any bugs or glitches prior to the downgrade. I've complained to the factory and requested they reflash my car back to the previous software version but after being told my complaint was being passed to the relevant department, I have heard nothing.

After that I suffered a problem with the factory fitted security tracking system on my 812 GTS. It would not pair up with both key fobs and then the main unit hidden behind the dash locked itself and nobody could access it online to reset it. There followed a comedy of errors with my car being picked up by the supplying dealer for supposed instant attention which then turned out to be them not even having looked at the issue some six days later. I had to kick off to get some action on it and from then on the Keystone Cops took over and it descended into a farce. I insisted they rip out the useless unit fitted by the factory and replace it with a much better system by the same tracking company that comes with an online app like the Porsche security system. They ending up agreeing and I finally got my car delivered back yesterday after they had it for 18 days. I took it out for a drive and the frustration at the poor level of service melted away.

IMG_2239.JPG

A friend who has a 458 spider had a fault on one of the TFT display screens. He has had multiple visits to this same dealer (they are not my regular Ferrari dealership) to try to get it resolved. He's lucky they did it under warranty as they have followed the factory's advice and replaced a cable to start with, then the full dash display and finally had to fit a new NIT unit. On each occasion they claimed to have fixed the fault but after driving it for only 15 minutes once they had dropped it back to him, it failed again. It would appear that replacing the NIT unit has finally solved it. The cost of all of this runs well into 5 figures.

I had two issues with my Lamborghini Huracan Performante:

1. Rear view camera worked and then didn't work, then worked again...mostly after washing the car. Apparently there was a new camera available (new wiring?) which isn't too sensitive to humidity, they exchanged it and the problem has gone.

2. OBD light came on without any reason. They reset the ECU 2x but it came back on both times. So they exchanged both catalytic converters free of cost and the problem was gone for good. A few months later, Lamborghini offered a software update to address exactly the problem with the catalytic converters and I was afraid it would change performance and/or exhaust sound but it didn't. 

So far, I have been very very happy with Lamborghini quality and the quality of the workshop. I have a very good relationship to them, which reminds me a lot to the relationship I had in the past with my smaller Porsche dealer. I love small dealerships, I hate the anonymity of larger dealerships, for example my BMW dealership where you basically get a different mechanic "assigned" every time you go there. It may save cost for them and everything works faster but that personal touch feel is gone, it feels very unpersonal and not family like anymore, I don't like it.

I also miss the days when a dealer just asks me if I want to try a new model and throws me the keys. My Lamborghini dealer still does that, even if he knows I'm not interested in buying an Urus or an Aventador. They are next to the Audi dealer (they "belong" to that Audi dealership) and they even asked me if I want to testdrive some new Audi models at my discretion. No pressure, nothing, just for fun. I love that.  

--

The amount of time spent at various dealers.

Unfortunately nothing from the dealer to come towards us at the moment yet. To be continued.

WhatsApp Image 2022-04-19 at 11.32.40 AM.jpeg

--

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    752839 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    430501 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258481 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255409 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79499 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5248 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868091 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    801669 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM